Subject: [Deb-dev] Failure when bulding cpp demos with new DOLFIN package

From: "Johannes Ring" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:31:24 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I have just built new Hardy packages for DOLFIN but I have a problem when
building the cpp demos (see below). Any ideas what the problem might be?

Johannes

johannr@simula-x61:cpp$ pwd
/tmp/dolfin-doc/demo/pde/poisson/cpp
johannr@simula-x61:cpp$ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
mpic++ -o main.o -c -Wall -pipe -ansi -Werror -g -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing
-pthread -DDEBUG -DNDEBUG -DHAS_MPI=1 -DMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK
-DPACKAGE_VERSION=0.9.1 -DHAS_PETSC=1 -DHAS_UMFPACK=1 -DHAS_GTS=1
-DHAS_CHOLMOD=1 -I/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/core/include
-I/usr/include/suitesparse -I/usr/include/python2.5
-I/usr/lib/petscdir/2.3.3/bmake/linux-gnu-c-opt
-I/usr/lib/petscdir/2.3.3/include -I/usr/lib/openmpi/include
-I/usr/lib/openmpi/lib -I. -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include main.cpp
In file included from main.cpp:21:
Poisson.h: In constructor
‘PoissonBilinearFormFunctionSpace0::PoissonBilinearFormFunctionSpace0(const
dolfin::Mesh&)’:
Poisson.h:2727: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2727: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2728: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2728: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2729: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2729: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h: In constructor
‘PoissonBilinearFormFunctionSpace1::PoissonBilinearFormFunctionSpace1(const
dolfin::Mesh&)’:
Poisson.h:2741: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2741: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2742: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2742: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2743: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2743: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h: In constructor
‘PoissonLinearFormFunctionSpace0::PoissonLinearFormFunctionSpace0(const
dolfin::Mesh&)’:
Poisson.h:2755: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2755: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2756: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2756: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2757: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2757: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h: In constructor
‘PoissonLinearFormCoefficientSpace0::PoissonLinearFormCoefficientSpace0(const
dolfin::Mesh&)’:
Poisson.h:2769: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2769: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2770: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2770: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2771: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2771: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h: In constructor ‘PoissonTestSpace::PoissonTestSpace(const
dolfin::Mesh&)’:
Poisson.h:2783: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2783: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2784: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2784: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2785: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2785: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h: In constructor ‘PoissonTrialSpace::PoissonTrialSpace(const
dolfin::Mesh&)’:
Poisson.h:2797: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2797: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2798: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2798: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2799: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2799: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h: In constructor
‘PoissonCoefficientSpace::PoissonCoefficientSpace(const dolfin::Mesh&)’:
Poisson.h:2811: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2811: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2812: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2812: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2813: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2813: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h: In constructor
‘PoissonFunctionSpace::PoissonFunctionSpace(const dolfin::Mesh&)’:
Poisson.h:2825: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2825: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2826: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2826: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2827: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2827: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h: At global scope:
Poisson.h:2850: error: expected `)' before ‘<’ token
Poisson.h: In constructor ‘PoissonBilinearForm::PoissonBilinearForm(const
dolfin::FunctionSpace&, const dolfin::FunctionSpace&)’:
Poisson.h:2841: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2841: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2841: error: expected `;' before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2842: error: ‘_V0’ was not declared in this scope
Poisson.h:2843: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2843: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2843: error: expected `;' before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2844: error: ‘_V1’ was not declared in this scope
Poisson.h:2846: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2846: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2846: error: expected `;' before ‘const’
Poisson.h: At global scope:
Poisson.h:2915: error: expected `)' before ‘<’ token
Poisson.h:2938: error: expected `)' before ‘<’ token
Poisson.h: In constructor ‘PoissonLinearForm::PoissonLinearForm(const
dolfin::FunctionSpace&)’:
Poisson.h:2906: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2906: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2906: error: expected `;' before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2907: error: ‘_V0’ was not declared in this scope
Poisson.h:2909: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2909: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2911: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2911: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2911: error: expected `;' before ‘const’
Poisson.h: In constructor ‘PoissonLinearForm::PoissonLinearForm(const
dolfin::FunctionSpace&, dolfin::Function&)’:
Poisson.h:2927: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2927: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2927: error: expected `;' before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2928: error: ‘_V0’ was not declared in this scope
Poisson.h:2930: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2930: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2934: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std::tr1’
Poisson.h:2934: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
Poisson.h:2934: error: expected `;' before ‘const’
scons: *** [main.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
johannr@simula-x61:cpp$

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:32:51 +0000

Looks like you might need to re-compile the forms.

Garth

Johannes Ring wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Deb-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/deb-dev

---

From: "Johannes Ring" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:45:31 +0100 (CET)

> Looks like you might need to re-compile the forms.

Yes, that did it. I guess someone forgot to re-compile all forms before
the release then.

Johannes

>> ?PoissonBilinearFormFunctionSpace0::PoissonBilinearFormFunctionSpace0(const
>> dolfin::Mesh&)?:
>> Poisson.h:2727: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2727: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2728: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2728: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2729: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2729: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> ?PoissonBilinearFormFunctionSpace1::PoissonBilinearFormFunctionSpace1(const
>> dolfin::Mesh&)?:
>> Poisson.h:2741: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2741: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2742: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2742: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2743: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2743: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> ?PoissonLinearFormFunctionSpace0::PoissonLinearFormFunctionSpace0(const
>> dolfin::Mesh&)?:
>> Poisson.h:2755: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2755: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2756: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2756: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2757: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2757: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> ?PoissonLinearFormCoefficientSpace0::PoissonLinearFormCoefficientSpace0(const
>> dolfin::Mesh&)?:
>> Poisson.h:2769: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2769: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2770: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2770: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2771: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2771: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h: In constructor ?PoissonTestSpace::PoissonTestSpace(const
>> dolfin::Mesh&)?:
>> Poisson.h:2783: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2783: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2784: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2784: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2785: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2785: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h: In constructor ?PoissonTrialSpace::PoissonTrialSpace(const
>> dolfin::Mesh&)?:
>> Poisson.h:2797: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2797: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2798: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2798: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2799: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2799: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> ?PoissonCoefficientSpace::PoissonCoefficientSpace(const dolfin::Mesh&)?:
>> Poisson.h:2811: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2811: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2812: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2812: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2813: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2813: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> ?PoissonFunctionSpace::PoissonFunctionSpace(const dolfin::Mesh&)?:
>> Poisson.h:2825: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2825: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2826: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2826: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2827: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2827: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2850: error: expected `)' before ?<? token
>> ?PoissonBilinearForm::PoissonBilinearForm(const
>> dolfin::FunctionSpace&, const dolfin::FunctionSpace&)?:
>> Poisson.h:2841: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2841: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2841: error: expected `;' before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2842: error: ?_V0? was not declared in this scope
>> Poisson.h:2843: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2843: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2843: error: expected `;' before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2844: error: ?_V1? was not declared in this scope
>> Poisson.h:2846: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2846: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2846: error: expected `;' before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2915: error: expected `)' before ?<? token
>> Poisson.h:2938: error: expected `)' before ?<? token
>> Poisson.h: In constructor ?PoissonLinearForm::PoissonLinearForm(const
>> dolfin::FunctionSpace&)?:
>> Poisson.h:2906: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2906: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2906: error: expected `;' before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2907: error: ?_V0? was not declared in this scope
>> Poisson.h:2909: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2909: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2911: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2911: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2911: error: expected `;' before ?const?
>> Poisson.h: In constructor ?PoissonLinearForm::PoissonLinearForm(const
>> dolfin::FunctionSpace&, dolfin::Function&)?:
>> Poisson.h:2927: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2927: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2927: error: expected `;' before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2928: error: ?_V0? was not declared in this scope
>> Poisson.h:2930: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2930: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2934: error: ?shared_ptr? is not a member of ?std::tr1?
>> Poisson.h:2934: error: expected primary-expression before ?const?
>> Poisson.h:2934: error: expected `;' before ?const?

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:25:25 +0100

> Yes, that did it. I guess someone forgot to re-compile all forms before

This sounds serious. Are the forms not compiled correctly in DOLFIN
0.9.1? The buildbot was green at the time of release so it should have
been ok.

-- 
Anders

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:32:12 +0000

> 0.9.1? The buildbot was green at the time of release so it should have

Looks ok to me. Is it possible that when compiling the package that old 
installed versions of the header files were being included?

Garth

---

From: "Johannes Ring" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:40:33 +0100 (CET)

> installed versions of the header files were being included?

Sorry, this was false alarm. I tried the package now on a clean
installation of Ubuntu Hardy and it worked just fine. I'm not sure why it
failed on my system but probably I have some old modules that were used
instead of the new packages.

Johannes