Subject: [Deb-dev] Debian/Ubuntu repository updated

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:32:31 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

the Debian/Ubuntu repository should now be up to date with packages for
all of todays new releases. This includes both 32-bit and 64-bit
platforms. To install the complete FEniCS suite one can now simply install
the meta-package fenics. Unfortunately, I've had some trouble building
SyFi on my computer so there is currently no package for SyFi in the
repository for 64-bit platforms. This means that the fenics meta-pacakge
will not work on that platform at the moment. Hopefully I will sort this
out soon.

Anders: What about meshbuilder? Should this package also be a dependency
for the meta-package?

Johannes

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:50:22 +0100

> will not work on that platform at the moment. Hopefully I will sort this

Great.

We should add a news item on the front page about this. I can tell you
offline how to do this.

> Anders: What about meshbuilder? Should this package also be a dependency

Yes, that would be great.

-- 
Anders

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:50:58 +0100 (CET)

> We should add a news item on the front page about this. I can tell you

Done.

> Yes, that would be great.

Done.

Johannes

> --
> Anders
> _______________________________________________
> Deb-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/deb-dev
>

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 23:56:52 +0100

> > We should add a news item on the front page about this. I can tell you

Nice.

The news was missing for me, but appeared after I manually copied the
file (see news script).

-- 
Anders

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:36:48 +0100 (CET)

>> will not work on that platform at the moment. Hopefully I will sort this

It seems that I have solved the problems I had with building packages for
SyFi, but only when I use the sources from the hg repository. The problem
with the 0.4.1 release of SyFi is that it uses ginac-config instead of
pkg-config while ginac-config is replaced by pkg-config in the latest
Debian packages for ginac. Will it be okay if I use the latest hg snapshot
and put up a Debian/Ubuntu package for it?

Another thing: Halvard Moe pointed out that it should be mentioned
somewhere at the download page (http://www.fenics.org/wiki/Download) that
the packages are built on Ubuntu 7.10 and that they may or may not work on
other releases of Ubuntu or Debian.

Johannes

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:16:48 +0100

> other releases of Ubuntu or Debian.

Good point, feel free to add an appropriate text on the web page.

-- 
Anders