Subject: [Deb-dev] Ubuntu repository updated

From: "Johannes Ring" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 12:34:32 +0200 (CEST)

The FEniCS Ubuntu repository is finally updated with new packages for last
Wednesdays releases. Some notes:

- The address to the repository has changed slightly (see the instructions
at the wiki page: http://www.fenics.org/wiki/Download). Both old and new
users of the repository should update their sources. The old repository is
still available, however, it will not be updated with any new packages.

- The repository has only been tested on Ubuntu 8.04 (both 32-bit and
64-bit). Installation on older releases of Ubuntu will probably fail.

- DOLFIN is built without support for MPI since there is a bug in the
openmpi package in Hardy that results in a segmentation fault when using
PyDOLFIN. This also means that DOLFIN is built without support for PETSc
since this requires MPI. The packages will be updated to support MPI and
PETSc when/if this bug is fixed.

- DOLFIN is built without support for Trilinos since there is no package
for Trilinos in Ubuntu (other than the ones at packages.simula.no).

- There is no longer a package for MeshBuilder because it depends on
packages that no longer are available in Ubuntu 8.04. I will look into
this.

Johannes