Subject: [Deb-dev] sad...

From: David Mashburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 23:49:51 -0600

Hello,

I am new to FEniCS and would like to do some simple (and possibly 
complex) FE models and liked the organization / design goals of this 
project.

I added the Intrepid repositories, installed fenics, and ran the 
tutorial on the main installation page 
(http://www.fenics.org/wiki/Tutorial).

It ran perfectly as of Feb 25 (last Wednesday)!  I was very excited.

Then, today, I came back to try to run a new demo... it did not work...
And when I re-ran the same basic demo, it did not work either!

I know I have upgraded some of the fenics packages since my first 
install, so I am wondering if this has broken the system somehow??  Any 
ideas??  I'll be happy to provide error outputs, etc...

Anyway, I would love to get fenics operational again, and any ideas why 
this happened or what I might have done to cause the problem would be 
greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-David Mashburn

P.S.
I also found a specific bug that was probably already found...

On line 192 (and 195) in ffc/jit/jit.py, there is a reference to a 
nonexistent variable ufc.__swigversion__

---

From: "Johannes Ring" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 08:00:42 +0100 (CET)

Hi David,

This is probably the same problem as reported on dolfin-dev. Try the
solution that I posted there or you could wait until new packages are
uploaded.

Sorry about this,

Johannes

On Tue, March 3, 2009 06:49, David Mashburn wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Deb-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/deb-dev
>

---

From: David Mashburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 01:25:11 -0600

Thanks!  That did the trick!  Looking forward to using FEniCS!

-David

---

From: "Johannes Ring" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 09:41:54 +0100 (CET)

> Thanks!  That did the trick!  Looking forward to using FEniCS!

Good to know! :)

Johannes