Subject: [Deb-dev] Status

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 11:13:27 +0100

What's the status of the FEniCS packages in Debian? I see that DOLFIN 
0.9.2 is in Debian unstable, but I can't find FFC anywhere.

Garth

---

From: Johannes Ring <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:12:41 +0200

> 0.9.2 is in Debian unstable, but I can't find FFC anywhere.

Yes, you are right. FFC, UFL, and SyFi are still missing in Debian. I
have asked Christophe to upload them and also to upload the new
versions of DOLFIN and Viper but, unfortuantely, he has been rather
busy lately.

You can watch the status on this page:

http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=[email-masked]

Christophe: Will you have time to upload the FEniCS packages anytime
soon or should I ask for a sponsor at mentors.debian.net?

Johannes

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:50:13 +0200

> soon or should I ask for a sponsor at mentors.debian.net?

The latest release is now 0.9.4 so perhaps we should skip 0.9.3?

--
Anders

---

From: Johannes Ring <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:56:03 +0200

> The latest release is now 0.9.4 so perhaps we should skip 0.9.3?

Yes, 0.9.3 can be skipped. I have started to work on the packaging for
0.9.4 and it should be ready today or tomorrow.

Johannes

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:04:12 +0200

> 0.9.4 and it should be ready today or tomorrow.

Nice.

Also note that the download path has been changed (to simplify the
release script). Other packages will follow so the automagic scanning
for new packages by Debian may need to update the format string.

--
Anders

---

From: Johannes Ring <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:12:41 +0200

> for new packages by Debian may need to update the format string.

Yes, I noticed and updated the debian/watch file.

BTW: Is the sandbox files supposed to be part of the tarball? If not,
you can use the --exclude option with hg archive to remove them.

Johannes

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 16:08:38 +0200

> you can use the --exclude option with hg archive to remove them.

Good point. I'll see if I can add it to the release script.

--
Anders