Subject: [Deb-dev] Missing packages prevent upgrade to dolfin 0.9.1 in debian/sid/amd64

From: LUK ShunTim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:13:40 +0800

Hi,

I tried to upgrade to dolfin 0.9.1 in debina/sid/amd64 and it seems
python-ufc, libdolfin0, libdolfin0-dev and python-pydolfin0 are missing
and prevents the upgrade. No problem building from source, though.

BTW, lenny is now "stable".

Regards,
ST
--

---

From: "Johannes Ring" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 09:26:09 +0100 (CET)

> and prevents the upgrade. No problem building from source, though.

Should be fixed now. Please let me know if they works.

> BTW, lenny is now "stable".

Yes, I know. I will fix that later.

Johannes

---

From: LUK ShunTim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 18:30:04 +0800

> Yes, I know. I will fix that later.

Yes, everything now gets upgrade.

Thanks very much.
ST
--

---

From: "Johannes Ring" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:32:32 +0100 (CET)

> Yes, everything now gets upgrade.

Good! Have you also tried some of the demo programs? I had some MPI
problems on 32 bits Debian sid. Do they work for you? The demos are
located in /usr/share/doc/dolfin-doc. Try for instance the poisson demo.
Here is one way to do that:

  cp -r /usr/share/doc/dolfin-doc $HOME/
  cd $HOME/dolfin-doc/demo/pde/poisson/cpp
  scons
  ./demo
  cd ../python
  python demo.py

Thanks,

Johannes

---

From: LUK ShunTim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 17:18:28 +0800

> problems on 32 bits Debian sid. Do they work for you? The demos are

Yes. I don't know for sure but I guess it's this

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=512616

I've reverted to openmpi 1.2.6-1 from snapshot.debian.net.

>   cd $HOME/dolfin-doc/demo/pde/poisson/cpp

I use this that I learnt from the dorsal list (as I have the deb source
tree).

cd ~/dolfin-0.9.1/test/system
python test.py --only-python

All demos are OK except function/restriction/python/demo.py, which uses
the epetra linear algebra backend, failed -- for obvious reasons. :-)

Would it be a lot of work to provide the pytrilinos package on the
simula repository as it's not currently in the main debian distributions?

Regards,
ST
--

---

From: "Johannes Ring" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 10:00:20 +0100 (CET)

> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=512616

It could be related but I'm not sure. I get this:

/usr/lib/openmpi/lib/openmpi/mca_paffinity_linux.so: undefined symbol:
mca_base_param_reg_int

> the epetra linear algebra backend, failed -- for obvious reasons. :-)

Good.

> simula repository as it's not currently in the main debian distributions?

We have no plans to provide Trilinos packages for Debian now, but there is
work going on in the pkg-scicomp alioth group to get Trilinos into Debian.

Johannes