Subject: [Dorsal-dev] libs (64bit)

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 18:09:00 +0100

I've gotten to the stage where I can compile DOLFIN, but I can't link. I 
get:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libxml2.so when searching 
for -lxml2
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libxml2.a when searching for 
-lxml2
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libz.so when searching for -lz
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libz.a when searching for -lz
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/liblapack.so when searching 
for -llapack
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/liblapack.a when searching 
for -llapack
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libblas.so when searching 
for -lblas
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libblas.a when searching for 
-lblas

I suspect that I should be looking for the 64 bit libraies in 
/usr/lib64. In fact, in dorsal_build I have

     LAPACKANDBLAS_DIR="/usr/lib64"

but when I build DOLFIN I don't see

   -L/usr/lib64

but I do see

   -L/lib64

Ideas on how to fix it?

Garth

p.s. Sneak preview: the sequel will involve the following: ;)

/home/garth/Work/FEniCS/build/lib/libdolfin.so: undefined reference to 
`camd_free'
/home/garth/Work/FEniCS/build/lib/libdolfin.so: undefined reference to 
`ccolamd_l_recommended'
/home/garth/Work/FEniCS/build/lib/libdolfin.so: undefined reference to 
`camd_printf'
/home/garth/Work/FEniCS/build/lib/libdolfin.so: undefined reference to 
`camd_l2'
/home/garth/Work/FEniCS/build/lib/libdolfin.so: undefined reference to 
`camd_realloc'
/home/garth/Work/FEniCS/build/lib/libdolfin.so: undefined reference to 
`csymamd_l'
/home/garth/Work/FEniCS/build/lib/libdolfin.so: undefined reference to 
`ccolamd_l'
/home/garth/Work/FEniCS/build/lib/libdolfin.so: undefined reference to 
`METIS_mCPartGraphRecursive2'
/home/garth/Work/FEniCS/build/lib/libdolfin.so: undefined reference to 
`camd_calloc'
/home/garth/Work/FEniCS/build/lib/libdolfin.so: undefined reference to 
`camd_malloc'
/home/garth/Work/FEniCS/build/lib/libdolfin.so: undefined reference to 
`ccolamd_l_set_defaults'

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:34:42 +0200

> but when I build DOLFIN I don't see

No, I am not sure. You can open some pkgconfig file and edit it by hand

> /home/garth/Work/FEniCS/build/lib/libdolfin.so: undefined reference to 

This is as far as I got on rhel5 yesterday. I'd recommend not installing
suitesparse and trying it out. All these undefined functions are
suitesparse related.

Harish