Subject: [Dorsal-dev] Fedora 11

From: Douglas Arnold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 23:29:05 -0500

Has anyone got dorsal working for Fedora 11?  My department just 
switched over...

I tried using the fedora10 platform file.  It built if I commented
out trilinos, but when I tried to run I got complaints about MPI:

: viper 1046; python demo.py
[viper.math.umn.edu:06812] [[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: A 
system-required executable either could not be found or was not 
executable by this user in file ess_singleton_module.c at line 269
[viper.math.umn.edu:06812] [[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: A 
system-required executable either could not be found or was not 
executable by this user in file ess_singleton_module.c at line 143
[viper.math.umn.edu:06812] [[INVALID],INVALID] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: A 
system-required executable either could not be found or was not 
executable by this user in file runtime/orte_init.c at line 132
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry!  You were supposed to get help about:
     orte_init:startup:internal-failure
from the file:
     help-orte-runtime
But I couldn't find any file matching that name.  Sorry!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry!  You were supposed to get help about:
     mpi_init:startup:internal-failure
from the file:
     help-mpi-runtime
But I couldn't find any file matching that name.  Sorry!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** An error occurred in MPI_Init
*** before MPI was initialized
*** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (your MPI job will now abort)
[viper.math.umn.edu:6812] Abort before MPI_INIT completed successfully; 
not able to guarantee that all other processes were killed!