Subject: [Dorsal-dev] problems building under jaunty

From: Douglas Arnold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 14:47:23 -0500

After success with Fedora 10 I tried to build with dorsal-855ad97a6fea 
under jaunty and ran into two problems.

1) Fetching mtl4 hung with the usual "Error validating server 
certificate problem", waiting for me to respond whether I accepted the 
certificate.  Since I wasn't in close attendance, it timed out.  I note 
that this did not arise in my Fedora 10 install.

2)  Trilinos failed with:

/packages/epetra/src:/home/arnold/workshop/FEniCS-from-dorsal-855ad97a6fe/trilinos-9.0.3/packages/epetra/src 
\
	 
--my-abs-lib-dirs=/home/arnold/workshop/FEniCS-from-dorsal-855ad97a6fe/trilinos-9.0.3/packages/epetra/src 
\
	 
--dep-package-abs-builddirs=/home/arnold/workshop/FEniCS-from-dorsal-855ad97a6fe/trilinos-9.0.3/packages/epetra/../teuchos
Invalid [] range "s-9" in regex; marked by <-- HERE in 
m/([^\w\d_]|^)/home/arnold/workshop/FEniCS-from-dorsal-855ad97a6fe/trilinos-9 
<-- HERE .0.3/packages/epetra/../teuchos([^\w\d_]|$)/ at 
/home/arnold/workshop/FEniCS-from-dorsal-855ad97a6fe/trilinos-9.0.3/packages/epetra/config/token-replace.pl 
line 36.
Died at ./config/replace-install-prefix.pl line 88.
make[5]: *** [install-exec-hook] Error 255
make[5]: Leaving directory 
`/home/arnold/workshop/FEniCS-from-dorsal-855ad97a6fe/trilinos-9.0.3/packages/epetra'
make[4]: *** [install-exec-am] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory 
`/home/arnold/workshop/FEniCS-from-dorsal-855ad97a6fe/trilinos-9.0.3/packages/epetra'
make[3]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory 
`/home/arnold/workshop/FEniCS-from-dorsal-855ad97a6fe/trilinos-9.0.3/packages/epetra'
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory 
`/home/arnold/workshop/FEniCS-from-dorsal-855ad97a6fe/trilinos-9.0.3/packages/epetra'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory 
`/home/arnold/workshop/FEniCS-from-dorsal-855ad97a6fe/trilinos-9.0.3/packages'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
Failure with exit status: 2
Exit message: There was a problem building trilinos-9.0.3.

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 23:28:45 +0200

> Exit message: There was a problem building trilinos-9.0.3.

Comment out both mtl and trilinos from the list of packages. Both are
optional for dolfin.

Harish

---

From: Douglas Arnold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 16:39:58 -0500

Will do.  Are commenting out with "#" and with "skip:" equivalent, or 
is one to be preferred?

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 23:43:38 +0200

No, they are not.

Commenting out with a "#" neglects a package entirely.

"skip:" prevents a package that has previously been compiled from being
compiled again. The rest of the build process continues as if the
package is there.

You want to use "#" because I don't want dolfin to know about or go
looking for either mtl or trilinos.

Harish

Douglas Arnold wrote:
> Will do.  Are commenting out with "#" and with "skip:" equivalent, or is
> one to be preferred?
> 
> Harish Narayanan wrote:
>>
>> Douglas Arnold wrote:
>>> After success with Fedora 10 I tried to build with
>>> dorsal-855ad97a6fea under jaunty and ran into two problems.
>>>
>>> certificate problem", waiting for me to respond whether I accepted
>>> the certificate.  Since I wasn't in close attendance, it timed out. 
>>> I note that this did not arise in my Fedora 10 install.
>>>
>>> 2)  Trilinos failed with:
>>>