Subject: [Dorsal-dev] Problems with installation of dolfin

From: Erik Larsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:54:08 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
I am trying to install dolfin with help of dorsal. Unfortunately have I 
some problems and I got the recommendation from Anders Logg to mail to 
this list about  the problems.

It is in the last step, when it is time to fix dolfin itself  the problem 
occur:

In file included from ./dolfin/io/File.h:17,
                  from ./dolfin/mesh/MeshFunction.h:13,
                  from dolfin/ale/TransfiniteInterpolation.h:11,
                  from dolfin/ale/ALE.cpp:7:
./dolfin/la/GenericMatrix.h:16:21: error: tr1/tuple: No such file or 
directory
./dolfin/la/GenericMatrix.h:131: error: 'std::tr1' has not been declared
./dolfin/la/GenericMatrix.h:131: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 
'tuple' with no type
./dolfin/la/GenericMatrix.h:131: error: 'tuple' declared as a 'virtual' 
field
./dolfin/la/GenericMatrix.h:131: error: expected ';' before '<' token
./dolfin/la/GenericMatrix.h:140: error: expected `;' before 'virtual'
scons: *** [dolfin/ale/ALE.os] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

As far as I can see should  tr1/tuple be available from boost, but 
something make it not working.
Does anyone have the  possibility to give a hint about what to do?

The files dorsal_build and build_log from dolfin are attached.

Regards, Erik Larsson

--

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:11:19 +0100

> this list about  the problems.

What sort of platform are you trying to install on? Is this an older Red
Hat machine?

> It is in the last step, when it is time to fix dolfin itself  the
> problem occur:
> 

Perhaps it is something to do with your compiler chain. What version of
gcc are you using?

Harish

---

From: Erik Larsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:20:06 +0100 (CET)

> What sort of platform are you trying to install on? Is this an older Red

Yes it is, Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 update 6. Sorry that I 
missed this information.

> Perhaps it is something to do with your compiler chain. What version of

/Erik Larsson.

--