Subject: [Dorsal-dev] Build problems for swiginac

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 20:27:30 +0200

I'm having trouble building swiginac with Dorsal on Jaunty:

Unpacking swiginac-1.5.1
Building swiginac-1.5.1
running build_ext
building '_swiginac' extension
swigging swiginac.i to swiginac_wrap.cpp
swig -python -c++ -o swiginac_wrap.cpp swiginac.i
archive.i:59: Warning(503): Can't wrap 'operator <<' unless renamed to
a valid identifier.
archive.i:60: Warning(503): Can't wrap 'operator >>' unless renamed to
>>a valid identifier.
creating build
creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/usr/include/python2.6 -c
swiginac_wrap.cpp -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/swiginac_wrap.o
cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wstrict-prototypes" is valid
for Ada/C/ObjC but not for C++
swiginac_wrap.cpp: In function ‘PyObject*
_wrap_new_registered_class_options(PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
swiginac_wrap.cpp:24467: error: no matching function for call to
‘GiNaC::registered_class_options::registered_class_options(const
char*, const char*, const std::type_info&)’
/usr/include/ginac/registrar.h:52: note: candidates are:
GiNaC::registered_class_options::registered_class_options(const char*,
const char*, const void*, GiNaC::ex (*)(const GiNaC::archive_node&,
GiNaC::lst&))
/usr/include/ginac/registrar.h:50: note:
GiNaC::registered_class_options::registered_class_options(const
GiNaC::registered_class_options&)
swiginac_wrap.cpp: In function ‘PyObject* _wrap_basic_match(PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
swiginac_wrap.cpp:26089: error: no matching function for call to
‘GiNaC::basic::match(const GiNaC::ex&, std::map<GiNaC::ex, GiNaC::ex,
GiNaC::ex_is_less, std::allocator<std::pair<const GiNaC::ex,
GiNaC::ex> > >&) const’
/usr/include/ginac/basic.h:166: note: candidates are: virtual bool
GiNaC::basic::match(const GiNaC::ex&, GiNaC::lst&) const
swiginac_wrap.cpp: In function ‘PyObject*
_wrap_basic_return_type_tinfo(PyObject*, PyObject*)’:

-- 
Anders

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 20:37:06 +0200

> _wrap_basic_return_type_tinfo(PyObject*, PyObject*)’:

I just added this yesterday. Perhaps this swiginac depends upon ginac
1.5.1 which isn't in the Jaunty repositories. You could add ginac and
cln packages before swiginac in the jaunty package list and retry.

The easiest way to test this sort of thing is to create a test.platform
with just the packages/variables you want to try out, and call
./dorsal.sh platforms/test.platform . This file will not be picked up by
revision control.

Check out leopard.platform to see what works. It is the only one I've
tested so far.

Harish

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 21:07:35 +0200

> Check out leopard.platform to see what works. It is the only one I've

It's not really critical for me right now so I'll just remove swiginac
and syfi from PACKAGES for now.

-- 
Anders