Subject: [Dorsal-dev] DOLFIN on Mac OS Snowleopard

From: Aron Wahlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:31:25 +0200

Hi all,

I have troubles building dolfin. Btw, to get to the dolfin package  
I've commented out the ginac, swiginac and the syfi packages.

Here is the error message:

> Unknown dependency package: libxml-2.0.

The simula_scons.log file in /dolfin/scons/ tells me the following

=================== dolfin log ===================
2009-09-30 10:06:26.798070
Using simula_scons from: /Users/aron/Work/FEniCS/dolfin/scons/simula- 
scons/simula_scons/__init__.py
resolveCompiler: No pkg-config generator for package 'ufc-1'. Assuming  
Ok.
resolveCompiler: No pkg-config generator for package 'gts'. Assuming Ok.
resolveCompiler: Some tests failed for package 'libxml-2.0'.  
Discarding package.
resolveCompiler: Unable to run a libXML2 test program correctly.
Error message:
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
   Referenced from: /Users/aron/Work/FEniCS/dolfin/dolfin/a.out
   Reason: Incompatible library version: a.out requires version 10.0.0  
or later, but libxml2.2.dylib provides version 9.0.0
sh: line 1: 61979 Trace/BPT trap          /Users/aron/Work/FEniCS/ 
dolfin/dolfin/a.out
================================================

I have installed libxml2.2.6.32.dylib wia fink but I don't think this  
is the file being used here, is it? Should I try to use this one  
instead? How?

Aron

---

From: Johannes Ring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:46:54 +0200

> =================== dolfin log ===================

Yes, try to use the one from fink instead by adding /sw/lib/pkgconfig
first in PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

Johannes

---

From: Aron Wahlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:21:23 +0200

On Sep 30, 2009, at 11:46 AM, Johannes Ring wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Aron Wahlberg <[email-masked] 
> > wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>

Thank's! That helped!

Aron

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:46:23 +0200

>> first in PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

When everything is working, send me back your modified version of
snowleopard.platform. I will add your changes.

Harish

---

From: Aron Wahlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:34:23 +0200

So far, I've run without ginac, swiginac and syfi, and the build  
finishes without any errors. However, adding the missing packages  
gives me:

libtool: compile:  g++-4 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../config -I/Users/aron/ 
Work/FEniCS/build/include -g -O2 -MT parse_binop_rhs.lo -MD -MP - 
MF .deps/parse_binop_rhs.Tpo -c parser/parse_binop_rhs.cpp -o  
parse_binop_rhs.o >/dev/null 2>&1
libtool: compile:  g++-4 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../config -I/Users/aron/ 
Work/FEniCS/build/include -g -O2 -MT tensor.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/ 
tensor.Tpo -c tensor.cpp -o tensor.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/parse_binop_rhs.Tpo .deps/parse_binop_rhs.Plo
mv -f .deps/inifcns_nstdsums.Tpo .deps/inifcns_nstdsums.Plo
mv -f .deps/tensor.Tpo .deps/tensor.Plo
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
Failure with exit status: 2
Exit message: There was a problem building ginac-1.5.3.

I don't get much out of that. Any ideas?

Aron