Subject: [Dorsal-dev] Time for testing, again!

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:25:04 +0100

Hello all,

With the recent release of most FEniCS projects, I think it is time to
release version 0.4 of Dorsal. The benefit this version brings is that
it builds DOLFIN on different platforms with _all_ its optional
dependencies.

"Screenshot"

Found optional package: petsc
Found optional package: slepc
Found optional package: scotch
Found optional package: umfpack
Found optional package: gts
Found optional package: trilinos
Found optional package: cholmod
Found optional package: mtl4
Found optional package: parmetis
Found optional package: gmp
Enabling compilation of PyDOLFIN

Please try the current hg code on your favourite platform and let me
know if things work or they don't. I will use this information to update
the list of supported platforms in README.

So far, I find it works as advertised on leopard(32), rhel5(64) and
intrepid(64).

After this release, the major push for 0.5 will be two-fold:

* Allow for a 'stable' option to fetch and install stable tarballs of
FEniCS projects instead of checking out from their their
not-necessarily-stable repositories.
* Automatically sniff-out 32/64 bit-ness of machines automatically to
suitably set GMP_ARCH, SCOTCH_ARCH etc.

Other fun features worth having are listed in TODO.

Happy hacking,
Harish

---

From: Joachim Berdal Haga <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 08:50:19 +0100

Hey

I tried to compile on debian. No luck.

trilinos 9.0.2 wouldn't compile with pytrilinos, something like
../src/AztecOO_wrap.cpp:3155:21: error: AztecOO.h: No such file
../src/AztecOO_wrap.cpp:3156:29: error: AztecOO_Version.h: No such file

So I reverted that to 9.0.1 here. But dolfin won't compile, with
dolfin/swig/cpp_wrap.cc: In function ‘double
dolfin_Data_get_coordinate(dolfin::Data*,
dolfin/swig/cpp_wrap.cc:5284: error: ‘class dolfin::Data’ has no member
named ‘dim’

I don't have time to dig into this now, so just FYI

-j.

Harish Narayanan wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Dorsal-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/dorsal-dev

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:06:05 +0100

> ../src/AztecOO_wrap.cpp:3156:29: error: AztecOO_Version.h: No such file

You could try deleting the trilinos folder/clean it thoroughly before
running Dorsal. (When you get the time.) That way we can figure out if
the problem is PyTrylinos or 9.0.2.

> dolfin/swig/cpp_wrap.cc:5284: error: ‘class dolfin::Data’ has no member

DOLFIN recently broke. This ought to be fixed elsewhere.

> I don't have time to dig into this now, so just FYI

Thanks!

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:59:43 +0100

> I don't have time to dig into this now, so just FYI

This bug has now been fixed.

Harish

---

From: Joachim Berdal Haga <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:43:11 +0100

> the problem is PyTrylinos or 9.0.2.

Indeed, a clean rebuild seems to have worked.

> DOLFIN recently broke. This ought to be fixed elsewhere.

Yep, works now!

-j.

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 22:20:50 +0100

> Other fun features worth having are listed in TODO.

I worked in the stable/development option recently (as I didn't want to
release one 0.4 and one 0.4-stable separately). Here is the list of
platforms Dorsal has been successfully(*) tested recently.

*etch, *lenny
*fedora10
tiger, *leopard
rhel4, *rhel5
gutsy, *hardy, *intrepid

The packages not marked by an asterisk show up in the README as
supported but haven't been recently tested. If you have access to any of
those machines (tiger, rhel4, gutsy), let me know if it works.

Harish