Subject: [Dorsal-dev] Dorsal has moved to LaunchPad :(

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 19:26:28 +0100

I don't know if this mailing list still works, but anyway:

Hello All,

With the recent server changes, the Dorsal repository has moved to bzr
(yuck) and is now hosted on LaunchPad (yuck!):

https://launchpad.net/dorsal/

You should be able to fetch the current development version by
"branching" the repository:

bzr branch lp:dorsal

I have pointed all FEniCS projects to their bzr versions on LaunchPad,
and a clean install works for me on my leopard machine. Please try your
own platforms and let me know what breaks. You will need to:

1. Clean out your devel folders and start from scratch because revision
control has moved from hg to bzr.
2. Install the bzr package for your platform. If you know the names of
your system packages, please let me know and I will modify the platform
instructions.

If you want check-in access to push your own changes, I will figure out
how to give you the rights.

Harish

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 20:05:56 +0100

> (yuck) and is now hosted on LaunchPad (yuck!):

:-)

It's not so bad.

The mailing list will work for a few more hours and then I'll start
closing them down.

Here's a recipee for setting up a mailing list for Dorsal on Launchpad:

1. Create two teams (if not already done):

  Dorsal Team (dorsal) as an open team
  Dorsal Core Team (dorsal-core) as a restricted team

2. Make dorsal-core a member of dorsal

3. Create a mailing list for Dorsal Team (dorsal)

4. Make Dorsal Core Team the maintainer of Dorsal

The point about this is that it's only possible to create a mailing
list for a team, and only team members are allowed to post. So you
have one open team for the mailing list and one restricted team for
accessing the repository.

--
Anders

---

From: Murtazo Nazarov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:49:01 +0100

> I don't know if this mailing list still works, but anyway:

The mailing list works. Thanks for the mail. I am going to try dorsal 
over the weekend.

murtazo

> _______________________________________________
> Dorsal-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/dorsal-dev
>