Subject: [Dorsal-dev] building with Trilinos on Leopard

From: Robert Kirby <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 09:55:45 -0500

I'm trying to build using dorsal with Trilinos as a back-end on my Leopard
MacPro.
I am getting an error in teuchos:

.
.
.
Trilinos package teuchos subdirectory src built successfully.

test -z "/Users/kirby/FEiCS/build/lib" || ../config/install-sh -c -d
"/Users/kirby/FEiCS/build/lib"
test -z "/Users/kirby/FEiCS/build/include" || ../config/install-sh -c -d
"/Users/kirby/FEiCS/build/include"
test -z "/Users/kirby/FEiCS/build/include" || ../config/install-sh -c -d
"/Users/kirby/FEiCS/build/include"
mkdir: /Users/kirby/FEiCS/build/include: File exists
make[4]: *** [install-includeHEADERS] Error 1
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'Teuchos_config.h'
'/Users/kirby/FEiCS/build/include/Teuchos_config.h'
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'libteuchos.a'
'/Users/kirby/FEiCS/build/lib/libteuchos.a'
 ranlib '/Users/kirby/FEiCS/build/lib/libteuchos.a'
ranlib: file:
/Users/kirby/FEiCS/build/lib/libteuchos.a(Teuchos_FloatingPointTrap.o) has
no symbols
make[3]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Any experience on this?

---

From: Robert Kirby <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:05:18 -0500

I turned off the 8-core compilation and found that the error is farther
upstream.
Compiling the PyTrilinos source files
g++-4 -I/sw/include/python2.5 -fPIC -DNUMPY_NOPREFIX -c
../src/Amesos_wrap.cpp -o ../src/Amesos_wrap.o
../src/Amesos_wrap.cpp:3119:31: error: Amesos_ConfigDefs.h: No such file or
directory
../src/Amesos_wrap.cpp:3147:20: error: Amesos.h: No such file or directory
../src/Amesos_wrap.cpp:3148:31: error: Amesos_BaseSolver.h: No such file or
directory
In file included from ../src/NumPyImporter.h:32,
                 from ../src/Amesos_wrap.cpp:3181:
../src/numpy_include.h:46:31: error: numpy/arrayobject.h: No such file or
directory
../src/numpy_include.h:49:28: error: numpy/noprefix.h: No such file or
directory

Sounds like an include path is not set correctly.