Subject: [Dorsal-dev] Problem building Trilinos on Karmic Koala

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 00:18:47 +0200

Trilinos seems to break on Ubuntu Karmic Koala due to some recent
cleanups of C++ headers in the GCC 4.4 distribution. I can do without
Trilinos so it's not critical for me, but perhaps Trilinos should be
disabled in karmic.platform?

-- 
Anders

Compiling the PyTrilinos source files
g++ -I/usr/include/python2.6
-I/home/logg/scratch/lib/fenics-dev/src/trilinos-9.0.3/packages/epetra/src
-I/home/logg/scratch/lib/fenics-dev/src/trilinos-9.0.3/packages/teuchos/src
-I/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/numpy/core/include -fPIC
-DNUMPY_NOPREFIX -c ../src/Epetra_NumPySerialDenseMatrix.cpp -o
../src/Epetra_NumPySerialDenseMatrix.o
g++ -I/usr/include/python2.6
-I/home/logg/scratch/lib/fenics-dev/src/trilinos-9.0.3/packages/epetra/src
-I/home/logg/scratch/lib/fenics-dev/src/trilinos-9.0.3/packages/teuchos/src
-I/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/numpy/core/include -fPIC
-DNUMPY_NOPREFIX -c ../src/Epetra_NumPyIntVector.cpp -o
../src/Epetra_NumPyIntVector.o
g++ -I/usr/include/python2.6
-I/home/logg/scratch/lib/fenics-dev/src/trilinos-9.0.3/packages/epetra/src
-I/home/logg/scratch/lib/fenics-dev/src/trilinos-9.0.3/packages/teuchos/src
-I/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/numpy/core/include -fPIC
-DNUMPY_NOPREFIX -c ../src/Epetra_NumPyIntSerialDenseVector.cpp -o
../src/Epetra_NumPyIntSerialDenseVector.o
g++ -I/usr/include/python2.6 -fPIC -DNUMPY_NOPREFIX -c
../src/FILEstream.cpp -o ../src/FILEstream.o
../src/FILEstream.cpp: In member function ‘virtual int FILEstream::underflow()’:
../src/FILEstream.cpp:65: error: ‘fread’ is not a member of ‘std’
../src/FILEstream.cpp: In member function ‘virtual int FILEstream::sync()’:
../src/FILEstream.cpp:89: error: ‘fwrite’ is not a member of ‘std’
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./setup.py", line 181, in <module>
    main(command, destdir)
  File "./setup.py", line 150, in main
    builder.buildShared()
  File "../util/SharedUtils.py", line 468, in buildShared
    runCommand(self.getCompileCmd(src, obj))
  File "../util/SharedUtils.py", line 97, in runCommand
    if status: raise RuntimeError, "Exit status = %d" % status
RuntimeError: Exit status = 256
make[4]: *** [package] Fel 1

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 00:24:22 +0200

> disabled in karmic.platform?

I have seen this before (I've been using gcc-4.4.x since it was out),
and I wrote a tiny patch to fix it. (patches/trilinos.patch). I'll look
into what else is needed for it to get past your gcc.

Harish

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 00:28:43 +0200

> into what else is needed for it to get past your gcc.

Nice, I didn't know Dorsal did patches.

-- 
Anders