Subject: [Fenics-apps] Problem building plasticity demo

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 14:13:28 +0200

In order to study how some things are accomplished in FEniCS, I fetched
both the grade 2 fluid and plasticity apps. I ran into the following
problem while trying to build the plasticity demo (probably because of
the recently-changing Function interface), and I thought I'd report it here:

mpic++ -o PlasticityProblem.o -c -Wall -pipe -ansi -g -Werror -O3
-fno-strict-aliasing -DDEBUG -DNDEBUG -DHAS_MPI=1
-DMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK -DPACKAGE_VERSION=0.8.0 -DHAS_PETSC=1
-DHAS_UMFPACK=1 -DHAS_GTS=1 -DHAS_TRILINOS=1 -DHAS_CHOLMOD=1
-I/sw/include -I/sw/include/python2.5 -I/sw/include/suitesparse
-I/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/petsc-2.3.3-p8/bmake/darwin9.2.0-cxx-opt
-I/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/petsc-2.3.3-p8/include
-I/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/build/include
-I/sw/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/core/include
-I/sw/include/glib-2.0 -I/sw/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/sw/include/libxml2
PlasticityProblem.cpp
PlasticityProblem.cpp: In constructor
'dolfin::PlasticityProblem::PlasticityProblem(dolfin::Function&,
dolfin::Vector&, dolfin::Function&, dolfin::Mesh&,
dolfin::Array<dolfin::DirichletBC*>&, bool&, dolfin::PlasticityModel&)':
PlasticityProblem.cpp:38: error: no matching function for call to
'dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&, dolfin::Vector&, dolfin::Form&, int)'
/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/build/include/dolfin/function/Function.h:98:
note: candidates are: void dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&,
dolfin::Form&, dolfin::uint)
/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/build/include/dolfin/function/Function.h:101:
note:                 void dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&,
dolfin::DofMap&, const ufc::form&, dolfin::uint)
PlasticityProblem.cpp:41: error: no matching function for call to
'dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&, dolfin::Vector&, dolfin::Form&, int)'
/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/build/include/dolfin/function/Function.h:98:
note: candidates are: void dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&,
dolfin::Form&, dolfin::uint)
/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/build/include/dolfin/function/Function.h:101:
note:                 void dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&,
dolfin::DofMap&, const ufc::form&, dolfin::uint)
PlasticityProblem.cpp:42: error: no matching function for call to
'dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&, dolfin::Vector&, dolfin::Form&, int)'
/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/build/include/dolfin/function/Function.h:98:
note: candidates are: void dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&,
dolfin::Form&, dolfin::uint)
/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/build/include/dolfin/function/Function.h:101:
note:                 void dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&,
dolfin::DofMap&, const ufc::form&, dolfin::uint)
PlasticityProblem.cpp:43: error: no matching function for call to
'dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&, dolfin::Vector&, dolfin::Form&, int)'
/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/build/include/dolfin/function/Function.h:98:
note: candidates are: void dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&,
dolfin::Form&, dolfin::uint)
/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/build/include/dolfin/function/Function.h:101:
note:                 void dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&,
dolfin::DofMap&, const ufc::form&, dolfin::uint)
PlasticityProblem.cpp:44: error: no matching function for call to
'dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&, dolfin::Vector&, dolfin::Form&)'
/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/build/include/dolfin/function/Function.h:98:
note: candidates are: void dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&,
dolfin::Form&, dolfin::uint)
/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/build/include/dolfin/function/Function.h:101:
note:                 void dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&,
dolfin::DofMap&, const ufc::form&, dolfin::uint)
PlasticityProblem.cpp:45: error: no matching function for call to
'dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&, dolfin::Vector&, dolfin::Form&)'
/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/build/include/dolfin/function/Function.h:98:
note: candidates are: void dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&,
dolfin::Form&, dolfin::uint)
/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/build/include/dolfin/function/Function.h:101:
note:                 void dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&,
dolfin::DofMap&, const ufc::form&, dolfin::uint)
PlasticityProblem.cpp:46: error: no matching function for call to
'dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&, dolfin::Vector&, dolfin::Form&, int)'
/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/build/include/dolfin/function/Function.h:98:
note: candidates are: void dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&,
dolfin::Form&, dolfin::uint)
/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/build/include/dolfin/function/Function.h:101:
note:                 void dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&,
dolfin::DofMap&, const ufc::form&, dolfin::uint)
PlasticityProblem.cpp:47: error: no matching function for call to
'dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&, dolfin::Vector&, dolfin::Form&, int)'
/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/build/include/dolfin/function/Function.h:98:
note: candidates are: void dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&,
dolfin::Form&, dolfin::uint)
/Users/hnarayan/Work/FEniCS/build/include/dolfin/function/Function.h:101:
note:                 void dolfin::Function::init(dolfin::Mesh&,
dolfin::DofMap&, const ufc::form&, dolfin::uint)

Harish

---

From: Kristian Oelgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 14:31:19 +0200

Thanks, I'm not surprised. Because the interface is pretty unstable at the
moment, the Plasticity module is left as is until the next DOLFIN release. In
the INSTALL (or README) I've listed the changesets for which the module was
compiled successfully against.

Kristian

Quoting Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>:

> _______________________________________________
> Fenics-apps mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/fenics-apps
>