Subject: [FEniCS-apps] [HG DOLFIN-Grade2] Adding ufl builder to scons.

From: [email-masked] (FEniCS Apps)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 18:33:56 +0200 (CEST)

One or more new changesets pushed to the primary dolfin-grade2 repository.
A short summary of the last three changesets is included below.

changeset:   47:a1f13e00fe59
tag:         tip
user:        Andy R. Terrel <[email-masked]>
date:        Fri Oct 02 11:33:50 2009 -0500
files:       src/SConstruct
description:
Adding ufl builder to scons.

changeset:   46:de6cec905010
user:        Andy R. Terrel <[email-masked]>
date:        Thu Oct 01 18:43:39 2009 -0500
files:       .hgignore src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2GalZ.ufl src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2RegZ.ufl src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2StrZ.ufl src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2SymStrZ.ufl src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2SymZ.ufl src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2Vel.ufl src/forms/grade2/TaylorHood/P2THG2Res.ufl src/forms/grade2/TaylorHood/P2THG2Trans.ufl src/forms/grade2/TaylorHood/P2THG2Vel.ufl src/forms/powerlawStokes/TaylorHood/Gamma.ufl src/forms/powerlawStokes/TaylorHood/PowerlawStokes.ufl
description:
Fixing some obvious bugs in model forms

changeset:   45:f8f683686477
user:        Andy R. Terrel <[email-masked]>
date:        Thu Oct 01 17:52:30 2009 -0500
files:       src/forms/OldroydB/DEVSS/OB_DEVSS.cpp src/forms/OldroydB/DEVSS/OB_DEVSS.h src/forms/OldroydB/DEVSS/OB_StrainProj.cpp src/forms/OldroydB/DEVSS/OB_StrainProj.h src/forms/Stokes/ScottVogelius/P4SVStokes.cpp src/forms/Stokes/ScottVogelius/P4SVStokes.h src/forms/Stokes/TaylorHood/P2THStokes.cpp src/forms/Stokes/TaylorHood/P2THStokes.h src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2GalZ.cpp src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2GalZ.h src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2RegZ.cpp src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2RegZ.h src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2StrZ.cpp src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2StrZ.h src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2SymStrZ.cpp src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2SymStrZ.h src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2SymZ.cpp src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2SymZ.h src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2Vel.cpp src/forms/grade2/ScottVogelius/P4SVG2Vel.h src/forms/grade2/TaylorHood/P2THG2Res.cpp src/forms/grade2/TaylorHood/P2THG2Res.h src/forms/grade2/TaylorHood/P2THG2Stab.cpp src/forms/grade2/TaylorHood/P2THG2Stab.h src/forms/grade2/TaylorHood/P2THG2Trans.cpp src/forms/grade2/TaylorHood/P2THG2Trans.h src/forms/grade2/TaylorHood/P2THG2Vel.cpp src/forms/grade2/TaylorHood/P2THG2Vel.h src/forms/norms/P1Energy.cpp src/forms/norms/P1Energy.h src/forms/norms/P1L2.cpp src/forms/norms/P1L2.h src/forms/norms/P1L2Diff.cpp src/forms/norms/P1L2Diff.h src/forms/norms/P2L2.cpp src/forms/norms/P2L2.h src/forms/norms/P2L2Diff.cpp src/forms/norms/P2L2Diff.h src/forms/norms/P2VecEnergy.cpp src/forms/norms/P2VecEnergy.h src/forms/norms/P2VecH1.cpp src/forms/norms/P2VecH1.h src/forms/norms/P2VecH1Diff.cpp src/forms/norms/P2VecH1Diff.h src/forms/norms/P2VecL2.cpp src/forms/norms/P2VecL2.h src/forms/norms/P2VecL2Diff.cpp src/forms/norms/P2VecL2Diff.h src/forms/norms/P4L2.cpp src/forms/norms/P4L2.h src/forms/norms/P4L2Diff.cpp src/forms/norms/P4L2Diff.h src/forms/norms/P4VecDivL2.cpp src/forms/norms/P4VecDivL2.h src/forms/norms/P4VecL2.cpp src/forms/norms/P4VecL2.h src/forms/norms/P4VecL2Diff.cpp src/forms/norms/P4VecL2Diff.h src/forms/powerlawStokes/TaylorHood/Gamma.cpp src/forms/powerlawStokes/TaylorHood/Gamma.h src/forms/powerlawStokes/TaylorHood/PowerlawStokes.cpp src/forms/powerlawStokes/TaylorHood/PowerlawStokes.h src/forms/projections/P1Diff.cpp src/forms/projections/P1Diff.h src/forms/projections/P2Diff.cpp src/forms/projections/P2Diff.h src/forms/projections/P2THStress.cpp src/forms/projections/P2THStress.h src/forms/projections/P2VecDiff.cpp src/forms/projections/P2VecDiff.h src/forms/projections/P4Diff.cpp src/forms/projections/P4Diff.h src/forms/projections/P4SVStress.cpp src/forms/projections/P4SVStress.h src/forms/projections/P4VecDiff.cpp src/forms/projections/P4VecDiff.h src/forms/projections/P4VecDiv.cpp src/forms/projections/P4VecDiv.h
description:
Removing pre-generated form files.   Users will need to generate specific files
as part of compilation process.  Eventually the model generator will do this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
For more details, visit http://www.fenics.org/apps/dolfin-grade2

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 18:52:32 +0200

> Adding ufl builder to scons.

I've always been curious why DOLFIN doesn't do this, and instead
maintains .h files as part of the repository.

Harish

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 19:46:14 +0200

> maintains .h files as part of the repository.

Speeds up compilation and doesn't require FIAT, FFC, UFL to install
DOLFIN.

--
Anders

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 19:49:26 +0200

> Speeds up compilation and doesn't require FIAT, FFC, UFL to install

But would anyone be able to use just DOLFIN without any of these other
programs? (Unless, I suppose, they're solving a PDE that happens to be
in the demos.)

Harish

---

From: Andy Ray Terrel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 14:06:51 -0500

> programs? (Unless, I suppose, they're solving a PDE that happens to be

People like to get code and run it fast.  So this method helps people
get up and see what dolfin can do quickly.  But larger pieces of
software that use FEniCS need to have some way to do this since I
often tweak ufl code and it generate a huge difference in the cpp
files.

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 22:28:31 +0200

> > programs? (Unless, I suppose, they're solving a PDE that happens to be

One can use the C++ interface for the mesh and function classes
without solving PDEs, or solving PDEs using other tools based on these
classes.

> often tweak ufl code and it generate a huge difference in the cpp

In DOLFIN we have scripts/compileforms that does this. We run it
occasionally, including when we make a new release of FFC, UFL or UFC.

--
Anders