Subject: [FEniCS-dev] For reference

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 22:57:06 +0200

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 09:58:17AM +0200, <deleted address> wrote:
> Hi Anders,
> I have read about your project and find it very interesting. I am
> working on a multiscale modelling tool, where we combine finite
> elements with quantum modelling and I am considering using your
> tools.
> REgarding the license, as I understand you use the GPL license. Have
> you considered LGPL?
>
> As I understand the licensing, if it is GPL our tool must also be
> GPL
> eventhough we only use your tools as a library and our tool is
> focussed on a different area.
> Best Regards,

DOLFIN is already LGPL so that should be alright to use. FIAT is also
LGPL. FFC is GPL, but it's a compiler, so just calling it does not
mean you need to GPL your code.

--
Anders