Subject: [FEniCS-dev] FEniCS book

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 09:52:41 +0200

Dear authors,

We have now collected all the book chapters we have received into a
preliminary draft. So far, we have received 15 chapters out of the
total of 40 chapters expected for the final book.

We will now continue to work on the remaining chapters and start a
review process for the chapters already submitted. It should be noted
that inclusion in the preliminary draft does not guarantee inclusion
in the final book. At this point, we ask all authors to indicate
whether or not their chapter is ready to be sent out for review.

To simplify the editing process, we have collected all chapters into
a common repository which may be accessed here:

  http://www.fenics.org/hg/fenics-book

To clone a copy of the book, simply do

  hg clone http://www.fenics.org/hg/fenics-book

Instructions for building the book are available in the README file.
(Just typing make should do the trick.) This file also includes some
updated instructions for authors. In particular, authors need to
update their citation keys and look at the introductory chapter for a
guideline to notation.

For chapters already included in the draft version, any further
changes need to be made as patches/bundles against the common book
repository. Some macros have changed or been moved so please don't
submit any TeX files (except for new chapters) as this will make a
mess.

We are planning to print a number of copies of the preliminary draft
version for distribution at the FEniCS'09 workshop taking place on
Thursday-Friday this week.

All further announcements concerning the book will be made on the new
mailing list

  [email-masked]

All authors should already have received a notification of
subscription to this mailing list. If not (or if you just want to
follow the progress of the book project), the mailing list is archived
here:

  http://www.fenics.org/pipermail/fenics-book/

-- 
Anders, Kent, Garth

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 10:03:44 +0200

The preliminary draft version is available here:

  http://home.simula.no/~logg/tmp/

Send comments and suggestions to [email-masked].

-- 
Anders

> _______________________________________________
> FEniCS-book mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/fenics-book