Subject: [FEniCS-users] Raviart-Thomas with stokes equations

From: Andy Ray Terrel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 19:27:01 -0600

Hello,

I was under the impression that using RT1 + DG0 for Stokes was stable,
but when I switch out these elements in the stokes example in DOLFIN I
get a completely wrong answer.  Does anyone know if I'm wrong here or
is there some magic with RT that I'm not doing correctly.

-- Andy

---

From: Marie Rognes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 02:08:26 +0100

> is there some magic with RT that I'm not doing correctly.

In the standard formulation you mean? Not as far as I know.
(Also since it is non-conforming I would expect that you in any case 
would have to
modify the formulation.)

Are you perhaps thinking of the Crouzeix-Raviart element?

--
Marie