Subject: [FEniCS-users] Dolfin 0.9.3

From: Jehanzeb Hameed <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 16:09:39 -0500

Hello,

I am still grappling with getting my code run with new dolfin. This
time, mesh_function seems to have a problem. I  get 0 for
materialFunc.

MeshFunction<dolfin::uint> *materialFunc =
mesh.data().mesh_function("material indicators");

I think the problem is that the mesh is failing to load the the data
from the xml file. In the xml file, I have the following definition of
the mesh function.

<meshfunction dim="3" name="material indicators" size="11628" type="uint">
.....

This meshfunction was loaded with the mesh in 0.9.2. Has something
changed in dolfin 0.9.3 ?

-Jehanzeb

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 19:38:41 +0200

> changed in dolfin 0.9.3 ?

Yes, this has changed. Sorry about that.

Here's the new format:

  <data>
    <data_entry name="material indicators">
      <meshfunction type="uint" dim="3" size="...">

The reason for the change is that we can now store many different
kinds of objects in the data section of a mesh.

--
Anders