Subject: [FEniCS-users] Warning: UMFPACK must be installed

From: Douglas Arnold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:29:52 -0600

Why do I get the following warning?

   *** Warning: UMFPACK must be installed to peform a LU solve for 
uBLAS matrices. A Krylov iterative solver will be used instead.

I am running FEniCS under Fedora 11 built the most recent dorsal.  The 
file libumfpack.a exists in the build/lib directory (which is on my 
LD_LIBRARY_PATH), and also the file
/usr/lib/libumfpack.so.5.2.0 (with a symlink pointing to it from
/usr/lib/libumfpack.so.5).

---

From: Johannes Ring <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:44:59 +0100

Hi Douglas,

You get this warning because DOLFIN was unable to locate UMFPACK
during the configure step and DOLFIN was therefore built without
UMFPACK. You can look for clues in the file
<dolfin_dir>/scons/simula_scons.log or post it here and we can have a
look.

Johannes

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 3:29 AM, Douglas Arnold <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> FEniCS-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/fenics-users
>