Subject: [FEniCS-users] Important information

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 23:22:33 +0100

Dear all,

After a weekend of struggling with setting things up at Launchpad, we
(Garth, Andy, Harish, myself and others) have converged on something
that seems to work. Launchpad has a lot of features and many buttons
that can be pressed so it was a bit of a pain to get it right.

In summary, everything has changed, and everyone needs to read this
document:

  http://www.fenics.org/wiki/Development

Below follows a more detailed summary of what has changed:

1. All code has been moved to Launchpad (almost).

2. All mailing lists have moved to Launchpad (almost).

3. All mailing lists on fenics.org will be closed down shortly.

4. [email-masked] will remain open for a while until the dust
settles.

5. Subscription to mailing lists will be different from subscription
to bug reports and changesets.

6. The main FEniCS web page (www.fenics.org) can now change character
and be targeted at users instead of developers. We will address the
redesign of the web pages shortly.

A summary with details on how to access repositories (branches) and
mailing list can be found on the following page:

  http://www.fenics.org/wiki/Development

As always, please help out to correct any mistakes or clarify the
instructions (it's a wiki).

With this, I hope we can get back to coding.

--
Anders

---

From: Johan Hake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 00:28:00 +0100

> that can be pressed so it was a bit of a pain to get it right.

Nice work everybody! 
 
> 2. All mailing lists have moved to Launchpad (almost).

So the mailing list connected to the dolfin-team is the old dolfin-dev, and 
accordingly for the other mailing lists?

> to bug reports and changesets.

Any bug reports or branch changes will be reported to the dolfin-team list if 
one has chosen this? Is it also possible to get blueprint updates?

> instructions (it's a wiki).

What will the push policy to the main branch be now? Is this connected to the 
members of the foo-core team?

What should the function of foo-core teams be? Change status of bugs, 
blueprints, or are these actions open for all team members, as it is today?

Would be nice to include an example of creating ones own side branch. This 
might be nice in relation to blueprint developments.

Johan

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 07:44:33 +0100

> accordingly for the other mailing lists?

Yes, or rather the traffic that was on dolfin-dev should move to the
new list

  [email-masked]

We are still working on importing all old traffic to that list.

> one has chosen this?

No, one will need to subscribe to bug reports and branch changes
manually if one wants them (which should come as a relief to some).
But everyone in the core team receives them automatically.

> Is it also possible to get blueprint updates?

I haven't discovered yet if that is possible, but it would be good to
able to do that.

> members of the foo-core team?

Yes. Only the core team can push.

> blueprints, or are these actions open for all team members, as it is

Don't know yet, other than that only core team members should be able
to push.

Note that the teams are not finalized yet. We have 2 x 15 or so teams
so we haven't yet had time to add everyone. You will of course be added
to DOLFIN core team so you can push so you shouldn't worry about that.

> might be nice in relation to blueprint developments.

Yes.

--
Anders

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 07:13:28 +0000

>> might be nice in relation to blueprint developments.

Agree. On top of that, when someone would like the work in their
personal branch to be merged into the main branch, they can make a
'merge request' on Launchpad and a core team member can check that code
and perform the merge.

Garth

> --
> Anders
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> FEniCS-users mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/fenics-users