Subject: [FFC-dev] workshop of interest

From: Robert Kirby <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:55:43 -0500

Dear FEniCS colleagues,

Our goal of automatic program generation is shared in other areas of
scientific computing.  Below please find a call for papers at

a workshop being held next summer in Amsterdam.  Perhaps FEniCS will be
represented by one or more papers.  I will call attention

to the final sentence of the call, in which both developers and users are
encouraged to submit to this.

Regards,

Rob Kirby

CALL FOR PAPERS

*Workshop on Automated Program Generation for Computational Science*

http://www.sc.rwth-aachen.de/Events/APGCSatICCS2010/

at  International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS 2010) -
http://www.iccs-meeting.org/

                          Amsterdam, The Netherlands, May 31 - June 02, 2010

The development of correct and efficient software is one of the main
bottlenecks in turning new concepts for modeling and numerics into reality.
While the power of computers has exploded over the last decades, programming
productivity in computational science has grown only slowly. Automated
software generation, while not a general solution, is a promising approach
in certain application areas such as automatic differentiation, automatic
parallel software generation for computational kernels, and higher-level
programming abstractions for domains such as partial differential equations.
This approach makes use of a variety of computational science techniques
(e.g., application domain specific compilers/interpreters, mark-up
languages, operator overloading) to transform one, perhaps high level,
problem statement to correct and efficient software required to address a
related issue. The goal of this workshop is to bring together developers and
users of such tools to illustrate the state of the art and advance potential
areas of common interest.

*Full papers (at most 10 pages) are due January 8, 2010*, authors are
notified of acceptance by Febuary 15, 2010, and camera ready papers are due
by March 1, 2010. See the web page for formatting and submission details.

*Organising Committee*

    * Christian Bischof (RWTH Aachen University)

    * William Gropp (University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign)

*Program Committee*

    * M. Buecker (RWTH Aachen University)

    * B. Christianson (University of Hertfordsshire)

    * V. Eijkhout (University of Texas at Austin)

    * B. Fischer (University of Southampton)

    * S. Forth (Cranfield University)

    * M. Garzaran (University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign)

    * L. Hascoet (INRIA Sophia-Antipolis)

    * P. Hovland (Argonne National Laboratory)

    * F. Irigoin (Mines Paristech)

    * R. Kirby (Texas Tech University)

    * M. Pueschel (Carnegie Mellon University)

    * S. Sadayappan (Ohio State University)

    * A. Walther (University of Paderborn)

*In case of questions*, contact Chris Bischof ([email-masked]).
Please prefix your subject line with “ICCS2010”.