Subject: [FFC-dev] Problem

From: Ali Mesforush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:57:55 +0200

Hello
I installed fenics on my ubuntu 8.10. It worked good for 3 days, but 
today when I tried to run demo.py I got

ali@ali-laptop:~/Desktop/Python$ python demo.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "demo.py", line 1, in <module>
   from dolfin import *
 File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dolfin/__init__.py", line 21, in 
<module>
   from ffc import *
 File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ffc/__init__.py", line 23, in 
<module>
   from ffc.compiler.uflcompiler import compile as compile_ufl
 File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ffc/compiler/uflcompiler.py", 
line 30, in <module>
   from ufl.algorithms import validate_form, 
extract_max_quadrature_element_degree, estimate_max_polynomial_degree
ImportError: cannot import name extract_max_quadrature_element_degree
ali@ali-laptop:~/Desktop/Python$

What is thid and how can I solve it?
Regards
/Ali

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:50:01 +0200

> What is thid and how can I solve it?

You must have updated one or more of your packages.

Looks like you have updated FFC (but not UFL) and not to the latest
version. The file uflcompiler.py is not there in the latest hg
version.

If you want a working installation, stay on the stable version for a
couple of more days. DOLFIN is currently broken as part of the
transition to UFL.

-- 
Anders