Subject: [FFC-dev] ConvectionDiffusion.form

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 10:53:49 +0200 (MEST)

Anders,

I run the latest cvs-version of FFC (on skalman) for
ConvectionDiffusion.form, the new form that Garth put together. I get the
following error message (below). Is this the same bug that Garth found and
that he wrote a patch for some weeks ago? I get the same message when I
try my NSE forms. Have I missed anything, or is this still a problem? I
checked out a new version of FFC and FIAT the other day, and I run the
command from ffc/src/bin/ffc. Possibly there may be a conflicting older
version of FIAT on th system that may be used by FFC? Where is the default
location that FFC is looking for FIAT?

/Johan

skalman:~/local/ffc/src/demo> cp ../../../ConvectionDiffusion.form .
skalman:~/local/ffc/src/demo> ../bin/ffc ConvectionDiffusion.form
This is FFC, the FEniCS Form Compiler, version 0.1.8.
For further information, go to http://www/fenics.org/ffc/.

Parsing ConvectionDiffusion.form
Output written to ConvectionDiffusion.py
[[((-1.0, -1.0),), ((1.0, -1.0),), ((-1.0, 1.0),)], [(), (), ()], [()]]
((-1.0, -1.0), (1.0, -1.0), (-1.0, 1.0))
Warning: element untested
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../bin/ffc", line 81, in ?
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "../bin/ffc", line 59, in main
    execfile(outname)
  File "ConvectionDiffusion.py", line 36, in ?
    constant = FiniteElement("Discontinuous Lagrange", "triangle", 0)
  File "/home/hoffman/local/lib/python/ffc/compiler/finiteelement.py",
line 66, in __init__
    self.element = DiscontinuousLagrange(fiat_shape, degree)
  File "/home/hoffman/local/lib/python/FIAT/DiscontinuousLagrange.py",
line 87, in DiscontinuousLagrange
    if n == 0: return P0.P0( shape )
  File "/home/hoffman/local/lib/python/FIAT/P0.py", line 35, in __init__
    Udual = P0Dual( shape , U )
  File "/home/hoffman/local/lib/python/FIAT/P0.py", line 21, in __init__
    d = shapes_new.dims[ shape ]
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'dims'

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 11:15:06 +0200

Johan,

This is the problem that I ran up against with FIAT 0.2.3 when using a
zeroth-order discontinuous scalar basis. When using the CVS version of FIAT and
ffc 0.1.9, I didn't have any problems (I tested it this morning). You must have
a problem with FIAT versions. My FIAT is /usr/lib/python2.*/site-packages/FIAT,
where "*" is the Python version. I think that this is the default location for
Python.

Garth

Quoting [email-masked]:

> _______________________________________________
> FFC-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.fenics.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ffc-dev
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 11:19:48 +0200 (MEST)

Garth,

Ok, then it is the FIAT versions that is the problem. I'll check it out.
Thanks!

Johan