Subject: [FFC-dev] form arguments

From: "Alessio Quaglino" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:35:15 +0200 (CEST)

I've just clone the last ffc repository, while trying to compile the form:

# Test form for updated elasticity

name = "ElasticityUpdated"
element1 = VectorElement("Discontinuous Lagrange", "tetrahedron", 0, 9)
element2 = VectorElement("Lagrange", "tetrahedron", 1)

nuv = Constant("tetrahedron")	# viscosity coefficient

v = TestFunction(element2)
f = Function(element2)
sigma = Function(element1)
epsilon = Function(element1)

def tomatrix(q):
    return [ [q[3 * i + j] for i in range(3)] for j in range(3) ]

sigmam = tomatrix(sigma)
epsilonm = tomatrix(epsilon)

L = ( dot(f,v) - dot(sigmam, grad(v)) - nuv * dot(epsilonm, grad(v)) ) * dx

it seems that the class ElasticityUpdatedLinearForm is created with
something missing. In fact when compliling the solver class I get the
error:

ElasticityUpdatedSolver.cpp:52: error: no matching function for call to
'ElasticityUpdatedLinearForm::ElasticityUpdatedLinearForm(dolfin::Function&,
dolfin::Function&, dolfin::Function&, dolfin::real&)'
dolfin/ElasticityUpdated.h:20442: note: candidates are:
ElasticityUpdatedLinearForm::ElasticityUpdatedLinearForm()
dolfin/ElasticityUpdated.h:20438: note:                
ElasticityUpdatedLinearForm::ElasticityUpdatedLinearForm(const
ElasticityUpdatedLinearForm&)

from the line:

Lv = new ElasticityUpdatedLinearForm(f, sigma1, epsilon1, nuv);

As a test, I compiled Poisson.form in the demos and I obtained another
arguments-free constructor for the linear form, which looks different from
the header Poisson.h given in
http://www.fenics.org/hg/dolfin?cs=1135af9cfb40

Regards,
Alessio Quaglino

---

From: Kristian Oelgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 20:27:23 +0200

> http://www.fenics.org/hg/dolfin?cs=1135af9cfb40

You need to compile with the flag -l dolfin e.g.

ffc -l dolfin ElasticityUpdated.form

this should produce code wrapped for DOLFIN, instead of pure UFC code.

Kristian
 
> Regards,
> Alessio Quaglino
> 
> _______________________________________________
> FFC-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/ffc-dev
>