Subject: [FFC-dev] DOLFIN wrappers

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 20:39:03 +0000

What remains to be done on the UFL and FFC sides to get the necessary 
data to generate the DOLFIN wrappers?

Garth

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 21:53:46 +0100

> data to generate the DOLFIN wrappers?

I don't know. I'm still trying to get the basic stuff going for the
tensor representation. Kristian probably has a better idea.

-- 
Anders

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 20:55:47 +0000

> tensor representation. Kristian probably has a better idea.

Kristian is unsure of on what side of the UFL/FFC divide the work should 
be done w.r.t. extracting coefficients.

Garth

> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> FFC-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/ffc-dev

---

From: Martin Sandve Alnæs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 22:02:15 +0100

> be done w.r.t. extracting coefficients.

FormData already does that, and load_forms reads form
and coefficient names from a .ufl file. The Python utility module
I added to dolfin a while ago (dolfin_utils I think it's called)
generates DOLFIN C++ code from UFL FormData.

a = f*u*v*dx
fd = a.form_data() # guaranteed to only be computed once
fd.original_functions # list of the original Function objects in a

Martin