Subject: [FFC-dev] Numbering of mesh entities

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 15:02:31 +0100

The UFC specification includes a numbering convention for the entities
of a mesh, like the ordering of vertices on a cell, the orientation of
edges, faces etc.

This numbering convention is described in two chapters in the UFC
manual. Please take a look at these two chapters. When we are
satisfied with these two chapters, we can copy the contents to the FFC
and DOLFIN manuals.

Here's a simple instruction for downloading and reading the manual:

  hg clone http://www.fenics.org/hg/ufc
  evince ufc/doc/manual/ufc-user-manual.pdf

Kristian Oelgaard has already started implementing the reordering in
DOLFIN, so that every DOLFIN mesh will follow the numbering
convention.

/Anders

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:38:43 +0100

> DOLFIN, so that every DOLFIN mesh will follow the numbering

I heard no objections, so I've proof-read the "final" version of the
two chapters on mesh entity numbering and added copies of these to the
FFC and DOLFIN manuals.

The new numbering scheme will soon be used by DOLFIN. (Every DOLFIN
mesh will always follow this numbering convention.)

/Anders