Subject: [FFC-dev] python2.6 deprecation warnings

From: Ilmar Wilbers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 14:04:04 +0200

Hi list,

Updated to Jaunty today, and installed the Debian packages. No big 
problems running the demos, but there are a few DeprecationWarnings that 
we might want to fix sometime. Running the poisson demo (displaying only 
the warnings):

/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/dolfin/function.py:576: 
DeprecationWarning: object.__new__() takes no parameters
  return object.__new__(Function_factory("CompiledFunction", cpp_base),V)
Calling DOLFIN Function just-in-time (JIT) compiler, this may take some 
time... done
/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/ffc/common/exceptions.py:22: 
DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated as of 
Python 2.6
  self.message = message
/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/dolfin/function.py:562: 
DeprecationWarning: object.__new__() takes no parameters
  return object.__new__(Function_factory("DiscreteFunction", 
cpp.DiscreteFunction), V)

ilmar

---

From: Martin Sandve Alnæs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 14:09:51 +0200

> we might want to fix sometime. Running the poisson demo (displaying only

<snip ffc thing>

> cpp.DiscreteFunction), V)

The argument V here does nothing anyway and can safely be removed.

Martin

---

From: Johan Hake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:02:43 +0200

> The argument V here does nothing anyway and can safely be removed.

Martin has allready pointed this out previously and I will fix it.

Johan

> Martin
> _______________________________________________
> DOLFIN-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/dolfin-dev

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 00:40:51 +0200

> > we might want to fix sometime. Running the poisson demo (displaying only

This should be fixed now.

-- 
Anders

---

From: Johan Hake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 15:02:03 +0200

On Friday 24 April 2009 10:02:43 Johan Hake wrote:
> > > problems running the demos, but there are a few DeprecationWarnings
> > > that we might want to fix sometime. Running the poisson demo
> > > (displaying only the warnings):
> >
> > <snip ffc thing>
> >

Well, it turned out that I already had fixed it ;)

Johan