Subject: [FFC-dev] Bug tracking and feature requests

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 15:10:36 +0100

As some of you have already noticed, we have moved to using Launchpad 
for bug tracking and feature planning for DOLFIN and FFC. You can find 
the Launchpad pages at

     https://launchpad.net/dolfin
     https://launchpad.net/ffc

Launchpad is significantly easier to use and comprehend than Bugzilla, 
and everyone is encouraged to make use of it. The 'DOLFIN Roadmap' 
(http://www.fenics.org/wiki/DOLFIN_road_map) will gradually be moved to 
Blueprints (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dolfin).

It is likely that other FEniCS components will also make use of 
Launchpad in the future.

Garth

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 20:45:29 +0200

> It is likely that other FEniCS components will also make use of

I suggest we move all bugs to launchpad and discontinue Bugzilla on
fenics.org. Are there any objections? Is Bugzilla used by any of the
projects?

We only have 21 bugs registered (indicating that Bugzilla has not been
used that much, not that we have only 21 bugs), and most of them are
for DOLFIN. I'll scan the bug list and move the ones I think important
to Launchpad. Feel free to help out. Then we can shut down Bugzilla.

Another issue is if we should direct messages from Launchpad to the
mailing list (dolfin-dev etc). I think we should.

--
Anders

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 22:34:54 +0200

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 09:58:54AM +0200, Ola Skavhaug wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Anders Logg<[email-masked]> wrote:
> I have another question. Should we redirect build/test errors from the
> buildbots to Launchpad?

I don't know, but we could try and see how it works out.

I'm working on notification from launchpad to the mailing lists but
it's a bit tricky since only members may post etc.

--
Anders