Subject: [FIAT-dev] trace_tabulate

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:35:59 +0200

Hi Rob,

I'm playing around with calling trace_tabulate from FFC. Before I
elaborate my problem, let me check that I'm on the right path with
trace_tabulate. 

In a nutshell, does trace_tabulate return the basis functions on
edge/face e of dimension d (d=2->face, d=1->edge, etc) given a
quadrature scheme of dimension d for an element of dimension n? (e and d
being the same as used in the trace_tabulate argument list).

When I try in FFC

  junk =  self.element.function_space().trace_tabulate(1, 1,  points)

where 

  self.element.function_space() is of type
FIAT.polynomial.ScalarPolynomialSet

and

  points = [(0.0)]

I get the error

  *** unsubscriptable object

FFC usually calls tabulate_jet which is a member of
FIAT.polynomial.ScalarPolynomialSet and
FIAT.polynomial.VectorPolynomialSet, and I noticed that trace_tabulate
is a member function of FIAT.polynomial.AbstractPolynomialSet. 

Garth