Subject: [Instant-dev] Optimization

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 00:04:22 +0200

I'm having problem compiling a form (most likely because it's too big
for gcc).

Instant uses the following line:

gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/python2.5 -c
form_4283833cdcba474be75fb4916c062cadb1125fb5_wrap.cxx -o
build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.5/form_4283833cdcba474be75fb4916c062cadb1125fb5_wrap.o
-O0

Shouldn't -O2 be replaced by -O0 when cppargs="-O0" is specified?

-- 
Anders

---

From: Kent Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:13:34 +0200

I guess it should. 

The first flags are the flags that are used by distutils even when
nothing is specified.

I don't know how to remove them, but I'll look into it. 

Kent 

On ma., 2008-09-29 at 00:04 +0200, Anders Logg wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Instant-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/instant-dev