Subject: [Instant-dev] Feature request

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 23:54:19 +0100

Instant currently uses md5sums to cache and reuse modules in the same
directory. Would it be possible to add some capabilities for caching
modules into some suitable directory under /var/cache/? Each time
Instant is called to generate code, it would look in this directory
for a module with a similar md5sum (but possibly different name) and
reuse that module.

This would mean that if you have generated code for say Poisson's
equation previously on the same computer (and the code remains the
same) then the module would be reused.

/Anders

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 00:58:07 +0100 (CET)

> _______________________________________________
> Instant-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/instant-dev
>

Sounds like a good idea.

Kent