Subject: [ko-dev] Move of fenics.org

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:07:22 +0200

Next Monday (June 26), we will move fenics.org to a new server at
Simula. Åsmund Ødegård (IT manager at Simula) has already installed a
mirror of the current configuration on the new server so the
transition should be smooth.

At 14.00 CET, we will disable access to fenics.org and synchronize it
with the new server. After that, we will update the DNS for the new
server and put everything back online. It might take some time for DNS
to propagate but everything should be back to normal again on Tuesday
morning.

/Anders

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:55:27 +0200

> to propagate but everything should be back to normal again on Tuesday

This is reminder that all services on fenics.org will be shut down in
5 minutes. If everything goes smooth, we should be back up again
shortly.

/Anders

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:12:08 +0200

We're back online again!

The actual move took about 10 minutes. The rest was waiting for DNS to
propagate and then fixing some minor issues with the mailing lists.

Please report any problems we might have missed.

A couple of commitlogs to the dolfin-dev mailing lists went missing
along the way but the complete log is available at
http://www.fenics.org/hg/dolfin/.

Thanks to Åsmund for excellent work!

/Anders