Subject: [UFC-dev] Compilation and building of ufc extension module

From: Johan Hake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:47:59 +0100

Hello,

ufc python extension modules can now be built by calling

  ufc_utils.build_ufc_module(signature,
                             compiled_code.h,
                             optional_compiled_code.cpp,
                             optional_list_with_system_headers,
                             optional_cpp_args,
                             optional_cache_dir
                             )

This building utility provides a small layer on top of instant. It will 
configure the system wrt to boost and swig, analyse the provided .h files and 
create correct swig interface code for shared_ptr and some include 
some %ignore statements.

The basic thought of this function is that a formcompiler should just send any 
produced ufc code to build_ufc_module and the function will take care of the 
configuration and swig module generation.

For now you can provide a list of .h files with corresponding .cpp files or 
just a list of .h files, or just a single .h file. I have only verified that 
one .h and one .cpp file works, so please report any errors for more than one 
source file.

Also provide comments on the usability of the function, any more arguments?

Johan