Subject: [UFC-dev] Suggestion for simpler name for integrals

From: "Martin Sandve Alnæs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:57:01 +0200

Could it be better to rename the integrals like this:

cell_integral -> cell_integral
exterior_facet_integral -> boundary_integral
interior_facet_integral -> facet_integral

?

I just find the names a bit cumbersome.

martin

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:40:09 +0200

> I just find the names a bit cumbersome.

The names would be shorter and look nicer, but "boundary_integral"
sounds like an integral over the boundary of the domain, when it is
only an integral over a part of the boundary and we call that part
"facet".

I think we can't name it "boundary_integral" for then we should also
change the name from "cell_integral" to "domain_integral". And I don't
know how to rename "facet_integral".

/Anders

---

From: "Martin Sandve Alnæs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:48:59 +0200

> know how to rename "facet_integral".

Ok.

martin