Subject: [Fenics-ufc] dofmap::local_dimension change

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 07:30:53 +0000

I'd like to suggest that we remove the cell argument from
dofmap::local_dimension. It was added to handle cells with a variable
number of degrees of freedom, but it hasn't been added consistently
throughout the UFC interface. Moreover, in DOLFIN we use a ufc::dofmap
as an input for building a dofmap, rather than using the ufc::dofmap
directly during assembly. Cells with a variable number of degrees of
freedom can be handled on the DOLFIN side.

Any objections?

Garth

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 21:01:14 +0100

> freedom can be handled on the DOLFIN side.

No objections - you added it and I never liked that argument in the first
place. :-)

--
Anders

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 20:02:31 +0000

> No objections - you added it and I never liked that argument in the first

That's the answer I was expecting.

Garth

---

From: Martin Sandve Alnæs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 22:05:35 +0100

Agree.

Martin
Den 10. mars 2013 21:02 skrev "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]> følgende:

> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~fenics-ufc
> Post to     : [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~fenics-ufc
> More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>