Subject: [UFC-dev] error in installing UFC on Python

From: Shawn Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 20:20:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, FENICS people.  The setup.py file for UFC Version 1.1 (and 1.0) does not seem
to work.  I am running Windows XP and I successfully installed Python, FIAT, and FFC.
of course, all that needs UFC to be any good.  But the setup.py script  does not seem
to work.  Can I manually install those files?

The error I get is the following:

-----------------------------

Installing UFC under ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Download\ufc-1.1\setup.py", line 33, in <module>
     ("%s/lib/pkgconfig" % prefix, ["ufc-%d.pc" % major])])
   File "C:\Python25\lib\distutils\core.py", line 139, in setup
     raise SystemExit, gen_usage(dist.script_name) + "\nerror: %s" % msg
SystemExit: usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 
[cmd2_opts] ...]
    or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
    or: setup.py --help-commands
    or: setup.py cmd --help

error: no commands supplied

------------------------

I have also tried manually changing the prefix variable to correspond to 
my Python installation directory.  But I still could not get it to work. 
Please help!

- Shawn

---

From: Shawn Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:55:23 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry, I finally got it to work.  It seems to compile forms, but I can't 
get the regression test.py to execute successfully.  I will keep looking 
at it.

- Shawn

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008, Shawn Walker wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> UFC-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/ufc-dev
>