Subject: [UFC-dev] tabulate_facet_dofs arguments

From: "Martin Sandve Alnæs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 14:41:33 +0200

I'm working on the documentation of the interface, and I wonder about
this function:

%%     /// Tabulate the local-to-local mapping from facet dofs to cell dofs
%%     virtual void tabulate_facet_dofs(unsigned int* dofs,
%%                                      const mesh& m,
%%                                      const cell& c,
%%                                      unsigned int facet) const = 0;

Since this is a local-to-local mapping, the mesh and cell arguments
are not needed, right? I'll remove them if nobody protests.

-- 
---
Martin Sandve Alnæs
PhD student, Cardiac Computations
Simula Research Laboratory, Norway

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 22:20:50 +0200

> are not needed, right? I'll remove them if nobody protests.

Correct, they are not needed so they should be removed.

/Anders

---

From: Kristian Oelgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:40:52 +0200

> Correct, they are not needed so they should be removed.

This just broke DOLFIN:

BoundaryCondition.cpp: In member function 'void
dolfin::BoundaryCondition::apply(dolfin::GenericMatrix&, dolfin::GenericVector&,
const dolfin::GenericVector*, const dolfin::Form&)':
BoundaryCondition.cpp:131: error: no matching function for call to
'ufc::dof_map::tabulate_facet_dofs(dolfin::uint*&, dolfin::UFCMesh&,
dolfin::UFCCell&, const dolfin::uint&)'
/usr3/oelgaard/local/include/ufc.h:193: note: candidates are: virtual void
ufc::dof_map::tabulate_facet_dofs(unsigned int*, unsigned int) const

Kristian 
> /Anders
> _______________________________________________
> UFC-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/ufc-dev
>

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 11:47:02 +0200

> ufc::dof_map::tabulate_facet_dofs(unsigned int*, unsigned int) const

ok, I'll fix it.

/Anders

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 12:35:54 +0200

> > ufc::dof_map::tabulate_facet_dofs(unsigned int*, unsigned int) const

This should be fixed now. Note that the latest UFC and FFC is now
needed for DOLFIN.

/Anders