Subject: [Viper-dev] Problem with displacement plot

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 21:43:37 +0200

The plot for the elasticity demo looks crazy, but regular vector plots
seem to be ok.

Maybe the new order of values from Function::interpolate() that was
introduced last week has not been taken into account in the
displacement plotting in Viper?

Thanks to Dag for noticing.

-- 
Anders

---

From: "Martin Sandve Alnæs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 22:04:04 +0200

My elasticity demos using SFC plot just fine after the change.
Are you absolutely positive that all FFC code has been updated,
e.g. the ffc cache and generated code stored in dolfin?

F.ex., have you implemented dof_map::geometric_dimension()
which was introduced UFC 1.1 in FFC? If so, DOLFIN is not updated
to use this new code (see one of my previous hg commit messages).

--
Martin

2008/5/7 Anders Logg <[email-masked]>:
> _______________________________________________
> DOLFIN-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/dolfin-dev
>

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:22:10 +0200

> to use this new code (see one of my previous hg commit messages).

Found the problem. The reason it was difficult to find was the way
plotting is done from C++. We spit out an XML file and generate a
Python script which reads back the data from the XML file and calls
Viper from Python. This relies on the precompiled element library for
reading the data back into a Function so it wasn't enough to recompile
the elasticity form. And the element library wasn't updated because of
a bug in the compileforms script...

Should be fixed now.

-- 
Anders