Subject: [Viper-dev] Plot question

From: "Evan Lezar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:37:57 +0200

Hi

I am currently plotting a discrete vector function using pylab.  To do this
I am evaluating the function at a number of points and using a quiver plot.
How can I get similar functionality using viper?  For an example of how the
code currently looks, see the pydolfin demo at

demo/electromagnetics/eigenvalue/waveguide_TM_cutoff_modes/python/demo.py

I have attached an example of what the output currently looks like.

If I simply use plot(magnetic_field)  where magnetic_field is a discrete
vector function, the number of points where the function is evaluated is
quite low.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Evan

---

From: Ola Skavhaug <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 08:41:53 +0200

> demo/electromagnetics/eigenvalue/waveguide_TM_cutoff_modes/python/demo.py

Where is this? At least not relative to the dolfin directory.

Ola

> _______________________________________________
> Viper-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/viper-dev

---

From: Ilmar Wilbers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:49:21 +0200

Here is a program that uses pylab, and is the one Evan is refferring to, 
I think:
sandbox/electromagnetics/demos

ilmar

---

From: Ola Skavhaug <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:49:00 +0200

> sandbox/electromagnetics/demos

I don't get any vectors in that plot when running the demo.

Ola

---

From: "Evan Lezar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:51:09 +0200

> I don't get any vectors in that plot when running the demo.
The Demo that is in the sand box is a little out of date - the python
interface to Function has changed since it was implemented.  It seems as if
my bundles have not been included in dolfin - I will have to resend them.

Evan

Ola