Subject: [Viper-dev] Feature request...

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 00:44:01 +0200

Is there a way to make viper "warp" a 2D scalar plot into a 2D surface
in 3D (where the height is the function value)?

It would be cool to have this as a key-binding.

Perhaps there could be a key that toggles all the valid plot modes for
a given type of plot? For example plot as a colored surface in 2D or
displace by height, or plot vector field as vector field or
displacement etc.

/Anders

---

From: Ola Skavhaug <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 01:06:53 +0200

> in 3D (where the height is the function value)?

Yes there is, but I,m not using it in viper_dolfin.
 
> It would be cool to have this as a key-binding.

Sure. The simplest way would be a seperate mode for this, e.g.
mode="warpscalar".
 
> displace by height, or plot vector field as vector field or

This is a major request, as I have to reimplement the way I construct the pipe
of filters in viper (currently there is only one or two active filters). I
made a quick attempt, but it didn't work.

Ola
 
> /Anders
> _______________________________________________
> Viper-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/viper-dev

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:21:31 +0200

> Sure. The simplest way would be a seperate mode for this, e.g.

Sounds good. Perhaps this could be the default mode for plots of 2D
scalars? If the default view is from above, then one will get the 2D
plot as it looks now and just rotate the image to get the warped
surface.

> made a quick attempt, but it didn't work.

I understand. Just having warpscalar as the default would be enough.

/Anders