Subject: [FEniCS-dev] New Wiki skin

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:35:43 +0100

I've hacked together a new skin for the wiki, see if you like it:

    http://www.fenics.org/wiki/

It's based on the Tango skin from http://tango.freedesktop.org/, which
is based on the default MonoBook theme.

There might be a few glitches so let me know what doesn't work.

/Anders

---

From: Mandus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:10:07 +0100

>     http://www.fenics.org/wiki/

Are you sure? When I go there, I don't see anything fancy. But maybe
that's the point. Even the nice bird in the corner is gone...?

-- 
Mandus
The only dr. Mandus around.

---

From: "Johan Jansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:20:13 +0100 (MET)

> that's the point. Even the nice bird in the corner is gone...?

I had to set the skin manually in preferences->skins. It seems the
"default" option doesn't work as intended.

But it looks nice, now it looks like a real site rather than a
Wikipedia-clone.

  Johan

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:53:51 +0100

> But it looks nice, now it looks like a real site rather than a

I think the the skin won't change for users that are logged in (but
will for all other users), so this should only affect the ~10 people
who currently have an account.

So if you have an account and don't see the new skin (big orange
FENICS text on top + bird) then change to the default skin in
preferences -> skins.

/Anders

---

From: Mandus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:24:54 +0100

> FENICS text on top + bird) then change to the default skin in

Aha - this looks neat. But that big gear-thing takes to much space on
the top, have to scroll for some real content. Maybe you should put
that out to the right?

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:28:31 +0100

> the top, have to scroll for some real content. Maybe you should put

It would also be good to reduce the line spacing. There is a lot of 
empty space on the screen which requires more scrolling.

Garth

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:11:30 +0100

> empty space on the screen which requires more scrolling.

You both need to buy a bigger screen!

Looks like Garth just moved the image to the right, looks really nice.
The line spacing can be edited in the style sheet. I'll talk to you
about how to edit it. (Don't know if it can be done through the wiki.)

/Anders

---

From: "Johan Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:22:47 +0100 (MET)

> about how to edit it. (Don't know if it can be done through the wiki.)

It all looks very nice and clean, I like it!

/Johan

> _______________________________________________
> FEniCS-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/fenics-dev
>