Subject: [Fenics] solving with LU-factorized matrix with PETSc backend

From: Douglas Arnold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:33:37 -0500

Using the default PETSc backend, we get an (UMFPACK) direct LU
factorization and solve via "Solve(A, x, b)".  But can we separate the
LU factorization from the backsolve, so that we can use the same
factorization with multiple right hand sides?  With the uBLAS backend,
this can be done with

   lusolver = LUSolver()
   lusolver.factorize(A)

and then

   lusolver.factorized_solve(x, b)

But these don't seem to be implemented with the PETSc backend.
Is there a way around this?

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 07:32:49 +0100

> Is there a way around this?

I starting cleaning up the LU interface over the past weeks. 
UmfpackLUSolver is done and PETSc is next on the agenda, so it should be 
possible to re-use a factorisation via PETSc within the next few weeks.

Garth

>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~fenics
> Post to : [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~fenics
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp