Subject: [Fenics] Parmetis 4.2 compilation error from dorsal(dev)

From: Shiyuan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:04:17 -0600

Hi,  I am using dorsal (development version obtained by bzr) on lion with
clang 3.0
(tags/Apple/clang-211.10.1) (based on LLVM 3.0svn) but there is a
compilation error

[29%] Building CXX object dolfin/CMakeFiles/dolfin.dir/graph/ParMETIS.cpp.o
/Users/sgu/softwares/FEniCS/src/dolfin-1.0.0/dolfin/graph/ParMETIS.cpp: In
static member function ‘static void
dolfin::ParMETIS::compute_partition(std::vector<unsigned int,
std::allocator<unsigned int> >&, const dolfin::LocalMeshData&)’:
/Users/sgu/softwares/FEniCS/src/dolfin-1.0.0/dolfin/graph/ParMETIS.cpp:116:
error: cannot convert ‘float*’ to ‘real_t*’ for argument ‘10’ to ‘int
ParMETIS_V3_PartMeshKway(idx_t*, idx_t*, idx_t*, idx_t*, idx_t*, idx_t*,
idx_t*, idx_t*, idx_t*, real_t*, real_t*, idx_t*, idx_t*, idx_t*,
ompi_communicator_t**)’
make[2]: *** [dolfin/CMakeFiles/dolfin.dir/graph/ParMETIS.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [dolfin/CMakeFiles/dolfin.dir/all] Error 2

I notice this recent post https://bugs.launchpad.net/dolfin/+bug/1072704 but
the error is different.  Any advice will be appreciated.

---

From: Johannes Ring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 09:34:05 +0100

> the error is different.  Any advice will be appreciated.

DOLFIN 1.0.0 does not work with ParMETIS 4.0.2, but the development
version does and you can build it by setting STABLE_BUILD=false in
dorsal.cfg.

Johannes