Subject: [Fenics] bzr question

From: Johan Hake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:12:47 +0100

Hello!

A naive bzr question:

  Is it possible to update a working tree to another revision than the latest?
  In both hg and svn one can that.

I see that one can use bzr checkout/branch -r XXX, but that would create an 
entire new working tree and also a new branch in the latter case.

Found some nice bash completion for bzr here:

   <http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Programming/Version-Control/bzr-bash-
completion-51250.shtml>

Probably need some editing in .bashrc to get them going.

Johan

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:31:32 +0100

> entire new working tree and also a new branch in the latter case.

One should use bzr switch according to this:

  http://bazaar-vcs.org/FAQ

> Probably need some editing in .bashrc to get them going.

I have bash completion for bzr already in bash (without any special
tricks). Does this add some new cool features?

--
Anders

---

From: Johan Hake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:40:46 +0100

On Tuesday 24 November 2009 21:31:32 Anders Logg wrote:
> >   Is it possible to update a working tree to another revision than the
> > latest? In both hg and svn one can that.
> >
> > I see that one can use bzr checkout/branch -r XXX, but that would create
> > an entire new working tree and also a new branch in the latter case.
> 

Its looks like it does not do the same thing. This should do the same thing as 
svn switch and cvs update --rev$REV, but not the same thing as hg up --rev$REV 
or svn up --rev$REV. 

> tricks). Does this add some new cool features?

I did not have bash completion. But now I have. You probably need to try it to 
see if it adds anything.

Johan

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:23:59 +0000

> tricks). Does this add some new cool features?

Maybe

Harish