Subject: [Fenics] New repositories

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 22:14:19 +0100

A couple of issues have come up with the new repositories:

1. It has been suggested (by Jed Brown and others) that we take the
opportunity to clean out the repository, at least for DOLFIN, removing
big files and generated code from the history to decrease the size of
it.

2. If we make this cleanup, the repositories we created yesterday (at
least for DOLFIN) and the marks files will be invalidated and useless
(?).

I will try to clean out some big files tomorrow, following a recipe
from Jed, and Florian will think about how that can be combined with
generating marks files.

Until then, stay away from the trunk repositories and feel free to
join the discussion on how to best convert the repositories. For
example, is it important for anyone but Florian to generate the marks
files so that other branches than trunk can be converted?

--
Anders

---

From: Martin Sandve Alnæs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 22:28:01 +0100

I only have a tiny ffc commit, can just as well patch it if necessary. But
you can't expect everyone with a branch to read this email (in time, or at
all), so I think mark files are still a necessity even if you don't get
replies here.

Martin

On 20 March 2013 22:14, Anders Logg <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~fenics
> Post to     : [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~fenics
> More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 22:57:23 +0100

Yes, but cleaning out big files from the history is a higher
priority if we can't get it to work.

--
Anders

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 10:28:01PM +0100, Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
>   I only have a tiny ffc commit, can just as well patch it if necessary.
>   But you can't expect everyone with a branch to read this email (in
>   time, or at all), so I think mark files are still a necessity even if
>   you don't get replies here.
>   Martin
> Referenser
>   1. mailto:[email-masked]
>   2. https://launchpad.net/~fenics
>   3. mailto:[email-masked]
>   4. https://launchpad.net/~fenics
>   5. https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp