Subject: [FEniCS-dev] A question about installation of dolphin

From: "Jiping Xin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 15:27:03 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I have one question.

I have used the following command to install gts 0.7.6.
................................................................
cd $DOWNLOAD_PATH
wget http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gts/gts-0.7.6.tar.gz
tar -xzf gts-0.7.6.tar.gz
cd gts-0.7.6
./configure --prefix=$INSTALL_PATH
make
make install
.................................................................
And i also use the following command to install UFC.
.................................................................
cd $DOWNLOAD_PATH/fenics
hg clone http://www.fenics.org/hg/ufc
cd ufc
python setup.py install --prefix=$INSTALL_PATH
.................................................................
I try to use the following command to install Dolphin,
.................................................................
./configure --prefix=$INSTALL_PATH --enable-static --enable-optimization
--enable-petsc --enable-mpi --with-petsc-dir=$PETSC_DIR
--with-boost=$INSTALL_PATH
--with-umfpack-lib=$PETSC_DIR/externalpackages/UMFPACKv4.3/$PETSC_ARCH/UMFPACK/Lib

--with-amd-lib=$PETSC_DIR/externalpackages/UMFPACKv4.3/$PETSC_ARCH/AMD/Lib
--with-umfpack-include=$PETSC_DIR/externalpackages/UMFPACKv4.3/$PETSC_ARCH/UMFPACK/Include
--disable-pydolfin
.................................................................
But I got the follwing result.
.................................................................
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gts.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'gts' found
no
Missing GTS
checking for UFC... Package ufc-1 was not found in the pkg-config search
path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `ufc-1.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'ufc-1' found
configure: error: Package requirements (ufc-1) were not met:

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables UFC_CFLAGS
and UFC_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.
.................................................................
I have checked the directory $HOME/builds/lib/pkgconfig/ and i found
gtc.pc and ufc-1.pc have already been there. I also keep
"PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$INSTALL_PATH/lib/pkgconfig". I think there should be
some enviroment variable should be defined. Would you
please tell me how to deal with this problem? Thanks.

Best regards,
Jiping

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: A question about installation
From:    "Jiping Xin" <[email-masked]>
Date:    Thu, January 31, 2008 18:47
To:      [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I am trying to install FEniCS following
"http://www.fenics.org/wiki/A_detailed_guide_to_installing_DOLFIN". When i
installed PETSc 2.3.2-p8, it shown me the following result. Would you please
tell me what is the problem? Thanks.

bash-3.00$ ./config/configure.py --with-mpi-dir=$INSTALL_PATH
--with-clanguage=c xx --download-hypre=yes --enable-hypre=1
--download-umfpack=yes --enable-umfpack =1
================================================================================
=
             Configuring PETSc to compile on your system
================================================================================
=
TESTING: checkFortranLibraries from
config.compilers(python/BuildSystem/config/c*********
************************************************************************
         UNABLE to CONFIGURE with GIVEN OPTIONS    (see configure.log for
details):
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fortran libraries cannot be used with C compiler
*********************************************************************************

Best regards,
JIping

-- 
Jiping Xin
Engineering Mathematics, Mathematics School of Chalmers University of
Technology
Brahegatan 9, 1207 Room, Gothenburg

-- 
Jiping Xin
Engineering Mathematics, Mathematics School of Chalmers University of
Technology
Brahegatan 9, 1207 Room, Gothenburg

-- 
Jiping Xin
Engineering Mathematics, Mathematics School of Chalmers University of
Technology
Brahegatan 9, 1207 Room, Gothenburg

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 15:36:15 +0100

Please send questions about installing DOLFIN to dolfin-dev.

For UFC, try the following command:

  pkg-config ufc-1 && echo "ok" || echo "not ok"

What output do you get? (Should be "ok".)

-- 
Anders