Subject: [Fenics] Logo color options

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 22:46:04 +0200

Here are two new sketches from the designer with two different color
options. The designer suggests the first one (with the pink). I also
think that looks best.

http://fenicsproject.org/tmp/

Any other thoughts? Respond quickly so I can tell him to press on.

--
Anders

---

From: Florian Rathgeber <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 22:12:05 +0100

In direct comparison I'd prefer the 2nd one (the pink looks slightly out
of place).

Why is the bird cut off in the lower one (instead of shrinked to fit the
box)?

Florian

On 12/06/11 21:46, Anders Logg wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~fenics
> Post to     : [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~fenics
> More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 00:29:46 +0200

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 10:12:05PM +0100, Florian Rathgeber wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>

I agree it looks good, but think it doesn't have the same "glow" as
the first option.

> Why is the bird cut off in the lower one (instead of shrinked to fit the

Because the designer thought it looked good... :-)

It's a sketch for the top banner of the web page.

--
Anders

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 09:52:12 +0200

> Any other thoughts? Respond quickly so I can tell him to press on.

I prefer the second one (without the pink).

And I feel the reason the one with pink stands out more is because of
the particular colour chosen for the background. So I would like to
request other choices for the background colour.

Harish

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 14:55:11 +0200

> I prefer the second one (without the pink).

ok. What do others think? More opinions?

> request other choices for the background colour.

You chose that color yourself and I gave it as input to the
designer. :-)

I think we should pick one color and stick to it for some time
but it doesn't have to be the same color as the one we have.
I can ask the designer to come up with a suggestion.

--
Anders

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 16:07:51 +0200

> I can ask the designer to come up with a suggestion.

I like the background colour, just not in relation to this pink vs.
not-pink discussion.

Either way, I am now OK with picking either logo as a starting point. We
can work either colour scheme into the design.

Harish

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 16:12:40 +0200

> I like the background colour, just not in relation to this pink vs.

ok.

> can work either colour scheme into the design.

ok... I've just asked the designer to consider other background
options. We'll see what he comes up with.

But as you say, there is little difference between the two options so
we can continue with finishing up the new web page and add the final
logos as they become available.

--
Anders