Subject: [FEniCS-dev] New FEniCS project under way

From: "Johan Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:00:29 +0200 (MEST)

A new FEniCS project is under development, and will be launched in a near
future. The project (which name is not yet set) will be a solver based on
the DOLFIN kernel for (turbulent) flow problems, including free surface
flow, and fluid-structure interaction (coupled to Ko).

The project will implement the adaptive methods for turbulent
incompressible flow presented in the new Springer book:
http://www.csc.kth.se/~jhoffman/pub/v4.pdf

Further, our group at KTH (6 people) will develop the new FEniCS project
the coming year in the directions of:
- adaptive methods for compressible flow
- ALE fluid-structure interaction (including mesh moving strategies,...)
- free surface flow (including level set techniques,...)

This will also induce a lot of work on the DOLFIN kernel, such as:
- mesh moving strategies (small/large deformations)
- mesh smooting
- loacl mesh refinement/derefinement
- boundary conditions

In DOLFIN the incompressible flow solver demo will be kept, and new
appropriate demos will be added as the are implemented.

/Johan