Subject: [Fenics] Documentation on web

From: "Marie E. Rognes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 22:53:01 +0100

I realized that there are a few things about the documentation that is 
not entirely clear to me. A couple of questions:

- Which version of DOLFIN is the documentation on the web-site (as in 
the programmer's references and the demo documentation) currently 
corresponding to?

- Is the documentation on the web-site automatically extracted and built 
from lp:fenics-doc on a regular basis (for instance nightly)?

--
Marie

---

From: Kristian Ølgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 23:40:12 +0100

On 2 February 2011 22:53, Marie E. Rognes <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I realized that there are a few things about the documentation that is not
> entirely clear to me. A couple of questions:
>
> - Which version of DOLFIN is the documentation on the web-site (as in the
> programmer's references and the demo documentation) currently corresponding
> to?

The development version. But I don't think that we have discussed how
(or even if) we want to support the stable releases.

> from lp:fenics-doc on a regular basis (for instance nightly)?

Yes, every 5-10 minutes or so, if changes have been pushed.

Kristian

> --
> Marie
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~fenics
> Post to     : [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~fenics
> More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>
>

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 23:41:38 +0100

> (or even if) we want to support the stable releases.

I think it would be good to freeze a copy every time we make a
release. It should be simple enough to just copy the directory.

--
Anders

---

From: "Marie E. Rognes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 23:50:28 +0100

On 02/02/2011 11:40 PM, Kristian Ølgaard wrote:
> On 2 February 2011 22:53, Marie E. Rognes<[email-masked]>  wrote:

Ok. I would also like to see a fixed documentation for each stable 
release and a suitable set of links :-)

> Yes, every 5-10 minutes or so, if changes have been pushed.

Ok, thanks!

--
Marie

---

From: "Marie E. Rognes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 15:43:54 +0100

On 02/02/2011 11:40 PM, Kristian Ølgaard wrote:
> The development version.

A follow-up on this one. At the moment it is some development version 
from some time back right? Since, the programmer's references are not 
regenerated unless someone does it manually?

--
Marie

---

From: Kristian Ølgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 15:49:22 +0100

On 3 February 2011 15:43, Marie E. Rognes <[email-masked]> wrote:
> A follow-up on this one. At the moment it is some development version from
> some time back right? Since, the programmer's references are not regenerated
> unless someone does it manually?

Yes, that should probably be made part of the build? Don't know if the
tests are run automatically, but they should be I guess.
When a new version of DOLFIN is released we just need to update and
tag the documentation, then we can always go back and build it later
once we figure out where to put the links to stable doc versions.

Kristian

---

From: "Marie E. Rognes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 16:05:50 +0100

On 02/03/2011 03:49 PM, Kristian Ølgaard wrote:
> On 3 February 2011 15:43, Marie E. Rognes<[email-masked]>  wrote:
> Yes, that should probably be made part of the build?

Is this (regenerating the references, copying the demos and running the 
demo tests) easily fixable? Johannes?

> Don't know if the

Sounds good.

--
Marie

---

From: Kristian Ølgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 16:10:00 +0100

On 3 February 2011 16:05, Marie E. Rognes <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Is this (regenerating the references, copying the demos and running the demo
> tests) easily fixable? Johannes?

I think putting it in the make all rule should be enough?

Kristian

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 10:53:24 +0100

> I think putting it in the make all rule should be enough?

Yes, that sounds good. Put as much as possible into the make script or
we will forget which scripts to run and in which order.

--
Anders