Subject: [Fenics] Benchmarks, update

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 15:04:29 +0200

I've been going through all benchmarks and made changes to get
everything to compile and run properly. I've also made adjustments to
some parameters to get reasonable running times.

I'm currently working on the parallel speedup benchmark (fem/speedup)
but then I think we should be in pretty good shape (for now).

It would be good for everyone that has any interest in the benchmark
suite to take a look now at all the benchmarks and see if something
can be improved. As mentioned before, Johannes will backport at least
some of the benchmarks to earlier versions and then it becomes very
important that we keep the benchmarks fixed. We can't artibrarily go
in and change say a mesh size or form since that would break the
history.

So speak now or forever hold your peace.

The benchmarks are in the bench directory in DOLFIN and are explained
in the README file in that same directory.

The benchmarks will be available here and the results will be
collected once every night:

  http://www.fenics.org/bench/

--
Anders