Subject: [FEniCS-dev] FEniCS package - first attempt

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 20:58:03 +0200

I have put together a FEniCS package, which can be found at

    http://www.fenics.org/pub/software/fenics/v0.1/

This is a first attempt that may or may not work, so consider it proof
of concept. (Or possibly proof of misconception...)

The package is auto-generated from a simple shell script which can be
obtained by

    hg clone http://www.fenics.org/hg/fenics

For those interested, have a go at the package or (preferrably) the
script that generates the package.

I have tested it on a few systems (all Debian 686) so I don't expect
it to work on any other system.

/Anders

---

From: "tomtzigt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:25:28 -0400

Anders:

I applied the tar/install on SuSE and Cygwin, and portions of it work. I can
fire up FFC, and xml tools, and even the man pages. However, I can't compile
the demos. Both systems give the following feedback:

Theo@theo-lt2 ~/fenics/fenics-0.1.0-pre1/demo/dolfin
$ make
cd ../.. && make  am--refresh
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/Theo/fenics/fenics-0.1.0-pre1'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `am--refresh'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Theo/fenics/fenics-0.1.0-pre1'
make: *** [../../configure] Error 2

so it looks like the generated Makefile references are not working for me. I
also looked into the makefiles and see lots of absolute paths to your
environment (paths starting with /home/logg/work/src/fenics/fenics/...)
which seems odd.

I wanted to give you some quick feedback, since I won't have time to dive
into this until later this week hopefully.

Theo

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Anders Logg
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 2:58 PM
To: Discussion of FEniCS development
Subject: [FEniCS-dev] FEniCS package - first attempt

/Anders
_______________________________________________
FEniCS-dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/fenics-dev

---

From: 'Anders Logg' <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:15:08 +0200

The directory level Makefiles in the demo directory should be ignored
for now. (And they should be removed by the script that builds the
package.)

Instead, enter one of the directories, for example demo/dolfin/pde/poisson
and type make there. Makefile in individual demo directories get all
flags from the script dolfin-config (installed in bin) which should
only contain paths to your installation.

Does that help?

/Anders