Subject: [Fenics] Book submitted

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 02:28:53 +0200

Dear all,

The FEniCS book is now complete and has been submitted to Springer for
proofreading and publication.

It is expected that the process will take ca 3 months and that the
book will be published as volume 84 of the Springer LNCSE series.

The title of the book is

  Automated Solution of
  Differential Equations by
  the Finite Element Method

  (The FEniCS Book)

Sometime during production, we expect to receive proofs of all
chapters that will once again go out to all authors for proofreading.
At this point, all authors will also be asked to update their code
examples to DOLFIN 1.0 (which should be released at that time).

All authors will also be asked to submit relevant code examples to be
stored as supplementary material at http://www.fenicsproject.org/book/.
It may be wise to start thinking about this already now, as the
deadline for reading proofs and submitting code will be short.

The latest version of the book can be found here:

  https://launchpad.net/fenics-book

--
Anders

---

From: Florian Rathgeber <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 07:34:00 +0100

That is great news! Has the publisher agreed for the book to remain
"open source" after publication?

Florian

On 24/06/11 01:28, Anders Logg wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~fenics
> Post to     : [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~fenics
> More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:19:52 +0200

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 07:34:00AM +0100, Florian Rathgeber wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>

Yes.

--
Anders

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
>
> iEYEARECAAYFAk4JddgACgkQ8Z6llsctAxatFQCgh/6gouktyVdmQkr4J9Adf/mM
> VhUAnA9CHl823K1dDS8daKr2jChJ9cVE
> =2LB3
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>