Subject: [fenics-dev] Just to say hello!

From: Mandus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:52:59 +0100

I just want to inform you that I am now listening on this list, as well as
on the ffc, dolfin, and sieve dev-lists. For some strange reason we are not
able to subscribe our simula emails to the fenics lists, thats why I am
using google-mail. Hopefully we can sort that out later, at least when the
fenics server move our to us ;-)

Take care,
Åsmund @ simula.research lab.

--
Mandus
The only mandus around.

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:24:34 -0600

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 03:52:59PM +0100, Mandus wrote:
>    on the ffc, dolfin, and sieve dev-lists. For some strange reason we are
>    not able to subscribe our simula emails to the fenics lists, thats why I
>    am using google-mail. Hopefully we can sort that out later, at least when
>    the fenics server move our to us ;-)
> 
>    Take care,

I hope we can sort it out. Good to see you on the list!

A couple of clarifications/announcements:

1. I will be leaving TTI in a couple of months and move to Simula.

2. The web server for fenics.org will also move to Simula. It's
currently at Chalmers, but Johan Jansson will be graduating so there
will be no one left to administer the server. Simula has also been
kind to buy a new dedicated server for FEniCS.

/Anders

---

From: Johan Jansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:04:12 +0100

> Åsmund @ simula.research lab.

Hi!

I see the problem now, the fenics mail server is not formal enough for
the simula mail server:

2006-03-14 15:44:49 1FJAkg-0005Nj-00 ** [email-masked] R=lookuphost
T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
TO:<[email-masked]>: host smtp.uio.no [129.240.10.9]: 550-Improper
HELO/EHLO (bamse): Not fully qualified.\n550-RFC 2821, section 4.1.1:
"The argument field contains the\n550-fully-qualified domain name of
the SMTP client [...]"\n550 See
http://www.usit.uio.no/it/epost/system/#helo_nonfqdn

I've fixed this at our end now, so now I think the mails should be
accepted.

  Johan