Subject: [Fenics] Buildbots and branches

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 21:12:29 +0100

If we are serious about the new development model with stable and
trunk branches (and I think we should be), it seems the following
steps are needed:

* Following the same model for

  UFL, FFC

perhaps also for

  UFC, FIAT, Instant, Viper

* Doubling the number of buildbots so that we build both trunk and
stable on all platforms. Same thing for the personal buildbots.

We have discussed this at Simula and Johannes has started looking at
ordering a couple of new machines to handle the increased load. Each
machine will (just as before) run multiple virtual machines for
different platforms.

Any comments on the above? It means extra work and a bit of overhead
for everyone involved, but it seems necessary.

A simplification would be to replace the personal buildbot with a
"testing" buildbot that all developers can use to test their stuff,
but it may get crowded.

--
Anders