Subject: [Fenics] UFC version numbering

From: Martin Sandve Alnæs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 10:47:10 +0100

Hi,
UFC has a series/branch 2.0.x. Just to be clear, this
should be maintained to match the 1.0.x branches of
dolfin/ffc/ufl, corresponding to the book, right? And the
next breaking change will be e.g. ufc 2.1.x matching dolfin 1.1.x.

Martin

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 19:57:55 +0100

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 10:47:10AM +0100, Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
> dolfin/ffc/ufl, corresponding to the book, right?

Yes, that was the plan. I tried to make it as uniform as possible,
with the 2.0.x branch correspondingt to the other 1.0.x branches.

> And the next breaking change will be e.g. ufc 2.1.x matching dolfin
> 1.1.x.

I'm not sure. I have been thinking about UFC 3 as the next big change
of UFC. So it might depend on which changes we make. Say that we
fix the currently broken quadrature version of tabulate_tensor for
interior_facet_integral and maybe modify some functions to take
physical coordinates rather than reference coordinates (or the
opposite...) then maybe thas is 2.1. But if we make some bigger
changes, then we may jump to 3.0.

--
Anders

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:50:04 +0000

> changes, then we may jump to 3.0.

I think that we need some time for 3.0. It would be good to minimise
the number of released that have substantial changes, so we need to
think about a lot of things before 3.0.

I'm happy for the fixes to tabulate_tensor, real vs mapped
coordinates, etc to become 2.1.

Garth

> --
> Anders
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~fenics
> Post to     : [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~fenics
> More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:56:51 +0100

> think about a lot of things before 3.0.

Agree.

> coordinates, etc to become 2.1.

ok.

--
Anders