Subject: [Fenics] CBCsolve with arbitrary meshes and several material models

From: Krishna Garikipati <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:19:35 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to modify twist.py to run a nonlinear elasticity problem  
with irregular meshes (i.e., something beyond the use of the UnitSquare) 
and distinct material models for mesh sub-domains.

Should we be thinking of modifying the VariationalProblem class to 
accommodate a different mesh? Since the VariationalProblem class was 
created in c++ and is now contained in _cpp.so, we cannot modify the 
VariationalProblem class any way right now. Has it already been 
converted to a VariationalProblem.py?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

---Krishna Garikipati

-- 
Krishna Garikipati
University of Michigan
Mechanical Engineering, Michigan Center for Theoretical Physics
and Center for Computational Medicine & Bioinformatics
3003B EECS
Tel: +1-734-936-0414, Fax: +1-734-647-9379
[email-masked]
www-personal.umich.edu/~krishna