Subject: [Fenics] Invitation to FEniCS'12

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:48:02 +0100

Dear all,

As previously announced, we are pleased to host this year’s
edition of the annual FEniCS workshop:

  FEniCS'12: High-performance PDE frameworks for modern architectures
  June 5–7 2012 at Simula Research Laboratory, Oslo, Norway

All FEniCS users, developers and other interested parties are invited
to celebrate the recent release of FEniCS 1.0 and the FEniCS Book, and
to discuss future directions for FEniCS development. A half-day FEniCS
tutorial will be offered as part of the workshop. Participation in the
workshop and tutorial is free of charge.

We have open slots for contributed talks: if you are interested in
presenting your recent work, please email a title and a short abstract
to Marie Rognes ([email-masked]) by May 1 2012.

To register for the workshop, please contact Marie Rognes
([email-masked]) by May 15 2012.

Workshop abstract
-----------------

Generic software frameworks play an increasingly important role in the
numerical solution of partial differential equations. When new
hardware architectures are introduced, these software frameworks must
adapt to leverage the computational power of the new hardware and to
match the performance of specialized hand-written code.

This workshop aims to bring together experts on generic software for
partial differential equations and high performance computing on
modern architectures. Topics include

* User-friendly programming tools for many-core CPUs and GPUs
* Automated code translation and generation targeting modern hardware
* Hybrid computing using both CPUs and GPUs
* Innovative PDE software techniques
* Free/open-source software for numerical solution of PDEs

Invited speakers
----------------

Scott Baden
Andre Brodtkorb
Carsten Burstedde
Filipe Cruz
Paul Kelly
Ridgway Scott
Andy Terrell
Garth Wells

Organizing committee
--------------------

Anders Logg
Marie Rognes
Xing Cai