Subject: [Fenics] Two FEniCS events at Imperial

From: Patrick Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 17:29:38 +0100

The new Centre for Computational Methods in Science and Engineering at
Imperial College London would like to announce two events related to
the FEniCS project.

FEniCS@Imperial day
June 18, 2012
Imperial College London

FEniCS training workshop
June 29, 2012
Imperial College London

The first event is a half-day workshop on developments on and using the
FEniCS project. The objectives are to raise the profile of code
generation among the computational science community, and to build a
network among the users of FEniCS at Imperial and around the UK.

The headline speakers are:
  * Garth Wells (University of Cambridge)
  * Martin Sandve Alnæs (Simula Research Laboratory)
  * Patrick Farrell (Imperial College London)

The half-day workshop takes place on June 18 2012, from 1--5 pm.  For
details, see http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/computationalmethods/news#FEniCS.
Registration is due by June 4 2012.

The second event is a FEniCS training day on June 29 2012, given by
Marie Rognes. Dr. Rognes will give a hands-on tutorial suitable for
beginners.  The training course will be of interest to anyone who uses
or develops software for solving partial differential equations as a
part of their research. For details, see the URL above.

The training course takes place on the 29th of June, from 1--5 pm. To
register, please contact Patrick Farrell <[email-masked]>
by the 20th of June.

Attendance at both events is free of charge.

Cheerio,

Patrick

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 10:44:26 +0200

I like the picture on the frontpage for CMSE!!! :-)

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/computationalmethods/

--
Anders

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 05:29:38PM +0100, Patrick Farrell wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~fenics
> Post to     : [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~fenics
> More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

---

From: David Ham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 10:55:05 +0100

Yes, it came out of one of the other directors' FEniCS code for thin
plate bending. We are writing a proposal to do more of it and to
extend the current PUM capabilities which Garth put into Dolfin.

-- 
Dr David Ham
Applied Modelling and Computation Group
Department of Earth Science and Engineering
Imperial College London

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/people/david.ham