Subject: Re: [Fenics] Documentation; questions from Claremont McKenna College

From: caleb miles <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 20:11:11 -0700

Hello,

I am an undergraduate physics major, I stumbled onto the Body and Soul
Mathematics project and was immediately interested in volume 4 of the series
on incompressible turbulent flow. I have successfully begun using the Python
Dolfin module to create a problem solving environment to solve homework
problems for a course I am taking on Computational Partial Differential
Equations. I have a project for my theoretical mechanics course and after
reading the draft of The Secret of Flight, I was hoping that I could use
FEniCS to calculate the lift and drag of a simple wing profile that I would
draw in SolidWorks. My question is any of the source code for the examples
involving the solution of Navier-Stokes equations available because I would
love to use FEniCS in my project. I would also like to write a tutorial
because I would love to help more people become familiar with this amazing
project.

Caleb Miles

--
Never speak ill of yourself, your friends will always say enough on
that subject.
                -- Charles-Maurice De Talleyrand