Subject: [Fenics] Problems compiling documentation

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 21:45:11 +0200

I'm getting lots of these errors when I try to build the documentation
(make html):

Traceback (most recent call
last):in/programmers-reference/python/cpp/DofMap_extract_sub_dofmap
  File
  "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Sphinx-1.0.7-py2.6.egg/sphinx/ext/autodoc.py",
  line 334, in import_object
    obj = self.get_attr(obj, part)
  File
  "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Sphinx-1.0.7-py2.6.egg/sphinx/ext/autodoc.py",
  line 237, in get_attr
    return safe_getattr(obj, name, *defargs)
  File
  "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Sphinx-1.0.7-py2.6.egg/sphinx/util/inspect.py",
  line 29, in safe_getattr
    raise AttributeError(name)
AttributeError: DofMap_extract_sub_dofmap

Does anyone know why?

--
Anders

---

From: Kristian Ølgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 22:09:40 +0200

> AttributeError: DofMap_extract_sub_dofmap

I don't know why these errors occur, I see them in 'your' branch:

bzr branch lp:~fenics-core/fenics-doc/1.0

but not the main fenics-doc. I use the same Sphinx and Python versions
as you do.

Kristian

> --
> Anders
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~fenics
> Post to     : [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~fenics
> More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 22:36:22 +0200

> but not the main fenics-doc. I use the same Sphinx and Python versions

I suspect it's the changesets Garth pushed to my branch. I should
never have invited him to to push to that branch. :-) Garth, could you
have a look?

--
Anders

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 21:42:42 +0100

>> but not the main fenics-doc. I use the same Sphinx and Python versions

I get the errors in the main branch too.

Garth

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 22:50:39 +0100

> AttributeError: DofMap_extract_sub_dofmap

Seem to be a few reports that this is a Sphinx 1.0.7 issue.

Garth

---

From: Kristian Ølgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 23:52:58 +0200

> never have invited him to to push to that branch. :-) Garth, could you

Delete the

source/doc/dolfin/programmers-reference/python

folder.
Change the output_dir variable in utils/generate_python_doc.py to

output_dir = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(os.path.abspath(__file__)),\
                          os.pardir, "source",
"doc/dolfin/programmers-reference", "python")

and generate the docs anew.

Should we let the 'make all' rule delete all automatically generated
files and re-generate them?
It would take longer to build but we will avoid distributing obsolete
files, and avoid errors like the above.

Kristian

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 22:59:36 +0100

> files, and avoid errors like the above.

Perhaps better would be to have 'make clean-foo' target to clean it out.

Garth