Subject: [Fenics] __version__ in FEniCS python modules

From: Martin Sandve Alnæs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 10:33:15 +0200

Can we agree on a convention for the __version__ attribute of FEniCS
python modules to distinguish releases from development versions?

I see dolfin has a +:
In [8]: dolfin.__version__
Out[8]: '0.9.11+'

that's fine by me, just want something to make it visible.

Martin

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 11:31:56 +0200

> that's fine by me, just want something to make it visible.

I think we have tried, as part of the post-release hook in
release.conf used by the fenics-release script, to always postfix the
latest version with "+" just after making a release. So I would say
that x.y.z+ is what we have agreed on but it may be missing in some
modules.

--
Anders