Subject: [Fenics] Plotting

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 13:36:53 +0200

Plotting has now been implemented as part of DOLFIN: implementation in
C++ in dolfin/plot using VTK and wrapped to Python.

Features are mostly the same as in Viper with some minor enhancements.
The main points are that plotting is now directly accessible from C++
(without calling Python on the command-line...) and that the new code
should be much easier to extend and maintain than Viper.

Try it out and report any problems.

A summary of which features have been implemented and which still need
to be implemented can be found here:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dolfin/+spec/dolfin-plot-c++

The work was carried out by Fredrik Heffer Valdmanis as part of his
summer internship at Simula with help from Benjamin Kehlet. Great job!

The plan is that Joachim Haga (Simula/Kalkulo) will continue the work
in August and add support for more features (like plotting of
MeshFunctions on facets).

This also means that we can retire Viper. Viper served us well for
many years and it will be in our memories always... :-)

--
Anders