Subject: [FEniCS-dev] Problem with the Poisson solver demo

From: Benjamin Le Révérend <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:51:12 +0100

Hi,

I want to use Fenics to solve PDEs for Food Engineering (crystallization 
of fats in foods ...)

I installed the Debian/Ubuntu packages on my Ubuntu box (Feisty) and I 
can't run the example from the tutorial. Could someone help ???

This is what I get from the terminal window :

ben@vaiosz4:~/Desktop$ python dolfin_demo.py
Creating sub domain markers for boundary condition.
Solving linear PDE.
['ffc_form_0_module.i', '../ffc_form_0.h']
['ffc_form_0_module.i', '../ffc_form_0.h']
ffc_form_0_module.i:25: Error: Unable to find 
'/home/aasmundo/deb/build/ufc-1.0/debian/ufc/usr/include/ufc.h'
running build_ext
building '_ffc_form_0_module' extension
creating build
creating build/temp.linux-i686-2.5
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -Wall 
-Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I-I. -I/usr/include/python2.5 -c 
ffc_form_0_module_wrap.cxx -o 
build/temp.linux-i686-2.5/ffc_form_0_module_wrap.o
gcc: ffc_form_0_module_wrap.cxx: No such file or directory
gcc: no input files
error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
ffc_form_0_module.i:25: Error: Unable to find 
'/home/aasmundo/deb/build/ufc-1.0/debian/ufc/usr/include/ufc.h'
running install
running build
running build_ext
building '_ffc_form_0_module' extension
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -Wall 
-Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I-I. -I/usr/include/python2.5 -c 
ffc_form_0_module_wrap.cxx -o 
build/temp.linux-i686-2.5/ffc_form_0_module_wrap.o
gcc: ffc_form_0_module_wrap.cxx: No such file or directory
gcc: no input files
error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/ben/Desktop/dolfin_demo.py", line 47, in <module>
    u = pde.solve()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dolfin/assemble.py", line 107, 
in solve
    A = assemble(self.a, self.mesh)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dolfin/assemble.py", line 24, 
in assemble
    (compiled_form, module, form_data) = jit(form)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ffc/jit/jit.py", line 68, in jit
    exec("compiled_form = compiled_module.%s()" % form_name)
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ffc_form_0BilinearForm'

If someone has an idea why it needs a file from /home/aasmundo/... it 
would be great

Ben

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 12:02:38 +0100

Try sending your message to the Debian package mailing list

    [email-masked]

Garth

Benjamin Le Révérend wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> FEniCS-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/fenics-dev