Subject: [FEniCS-dev] Dolfin/ko configure errors when installing fenics on mac book

From: "Ido Akkerman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:34:03 +0100 (CET)

Hello

after last weeks symposium in Delft I tried to get things installed and
running on my mac book, howerver I did not completely succeed.

1) Dolfin and Ko configuration failed as it could not detect a valid
Python Library path. Although everything seemed oke??

2) FFC does not run as it fails to find the Numeric package. Browsing the
internet suggested NumPy and/or SciPy should also work as the superceed
Numeric package. This did not work unfortunately

3) When I Disabeled PyDolfin in the dolfin configuration i was able to
build  Dolfin howerver I got a PETSC_WOLD_COMM does not exist error.
Disabling PETsc made it work. However, this is propably not a disered work
around..

4) I Finally succeded in running some dolfin demos. I can not visualize
them as the vtkpython package is some how not found...

Probably most errors are due to my own faults.. But i don't now where to
start fixing it?? Some advise would be great!!

Ido

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 22:47:18 +0100

I just added a patch from Åsmund Ødegård that might fix the Python
detection. (Are you running Mac?)

Check if this helps.

I also have a patch waiting for me that Garth just made to move FFC
from Numeric to Numpy. This will be added in a few days.

/Anders

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 01:34:03PM +0100, Ido Akkerman wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> FEniCS-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/fenics-dev