Subject: [Fenics] Moving questions to stackexchange

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 19:36:49 +0200

We still get user questions on Launchpad and questions have started to
appear on the new mailing list.

I suggest we try to move the user questions (or a subset of them) to
stackexchange as quickly as possible.

We need to write a short list of instructions for what kinds of
questions and discussion should go to which place.

Here's a starting point:

(1) scicomp.stackexchange: user questions

- user question: how do I do <foo> in FEniCS?
- user question: what is a stable method for <foo> (in FEniCS)?

(2) this mailing list: announcements and discussions

- announcements: workshops, releases, tutorials, new mailing list
- discussion of new features
- discussion of development practices
- discussion of releases

(3) issue on Bitbucket: bugs and feature requests

- bug reports
- feature requests

(3) comments on Bitbucket: comments on commits

- developer comments on commits

(?) where should this go?

- installation issue: can't build on Mac OS X
- installation issue: boost link error
- installation issue: can't find packages for Ubuntu 13.04

Please help out editing this list and then I can put together a text to
put on the web page.

--
Anders