Subject: [FFC-dev] Optimisation level

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:45:52 +0100

Now that the FFC quadrature optimisations are really fast, should we 
consider having them turned on by default? Otherwise we need to think 
about DOLFIN passing a '-O' flag to the form compiler for JIT, which 
will be form compiler dependent.

Garth

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 23:00:44 +0200

> will be form compiler dependent.

If it's generally not a problem to do optimizations, we should turn
them on by default. But there have been (and will be again once I get
to it) optimizations for the tensor representation. These are quite
costly to compute, so then it would be sensible to turn them off by
default.

Should there be a default value for optimization which may be
different for different representations?

In any case, a user needs to be able to control the level of
optimization (and representation) easily from DOLFIN.

--
Anders