Subject: [FFC-dev] all forms broken

From: Dag Lindbo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 14:17:38 +0200

Something fishy is going on... I get errors in all .h files generated by
FFC when I build my DOLFIN-based solver.

I've been working on other things the last week, so I can't be sure that
it's the new FFC that's causig this. But I did intall the snapshot from
yesterday evening.

In file included from main.cpp:39:
forms/LSM_adv_SUPG.h: In constructor
`dolfin::LSM_adv_SUPG::BilinearForm::BilinearForm(dolfin::Function&,
dolfin::Function&, dolfin::Function&, const dolfin::real&)':
forms/LSM_adv_SUPG.h:506: error: cannot allocate an object of type
`dolfin::LSM_adv_SUPG::BilinearForm::TestElement'
forms/LSM_adv_SUPG.h:506: error:   because the following virtual
functions are abstract:
/afs/nada.kth.se/home/c/u1d4g64c/PDC/temp07/local/include/dolfin/FiniteElement.h:56: error:  virtual void dolfin::FiniteElement::vertexeval(dolfin::real*, unsigned int, const dolfin::real*, const dolfin::Mesh&) const
forms/LSM_adv_SUPG.h:509: error: cannot allocate an object of type
`dolfin::LSM_adv_SUPG::BilinearForm::TrialElement'
forms/LSM_adv_SUPG.h:509: error:   because the following virtual
functions are abstract:
/afs/nada.kth.se/home/c/u1d4g64c/PDC/temp07/local/include/dolfin/FiniteElement.h:56: error:  virtual void dolfin::FiniteElement::vertexeval(dolfin::real*, unsigned int, const dolfin::real*, const dolfin::Mesh&) const
forms/LSM_adv_SUPG.h:512: error: cannot allocate an object of type
`dolfin::LSM_adv_SUPG::BilinearForm::FunctionElement_0'
forms/LSM_adv_SUPG.h:512: error:   because the following virtual
functions are abstract:
/afs/nada.kth.se/home/c/u1d4g64c/PDC/temp07/local/include/dolfin/FiniteElement.h:56: error:  virtual void dolfin::FiniteElement::vertexeval(dolfin::real*, unsigned int, const dolfin::real*, const dolfin::Mesh&) const

regards,
Dag Lindbo

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 14:22:46 +0200

Which compiler are you using?

Garth

Dag Lindbo wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> FFC-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/ffc-dev
>

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 14:23:02 +0200

The interface for the forms has changed slightly in both FFC and
DOLFIN, but if you install the latest version of both (FFC 0.3.3 and
DOLFIN 0.6.2), there should be no problems.

Nothing in the interface changed from yesterday's snapshot of FFC to
version 0.3.3.

/Anders

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 14:48:16 +0200

Something else - are thingd working with the -blas option? This wasn't
working for me last week. The problem is with the new boundary integrals.

Garth

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:17:13 +0200

Didn't know that. Yes, it looks like -f blas is broken for boundary
integrals. Do you know if it has ever worked?

/Anders

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 15:41:17 +0200

> integrals. Do you know if it has ever worked?

I don't think that it has worked since I added boundary integrals to
FFC. I didn't touch the BLAS output format. It was a while ago, so I
forgot that it wasn't working.

Garth

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 18:32:01 +0200

ok, I'll file a bug report.

/Anders