Subject: [FFC-dev] New release?

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:29:16 +0200

A new release of FFC is needed to fix some problems relating to
building the Debian/Ubuntu packages. This is somewhat problematic
since the current hg version is broken awaiting a patch that (I hope)
will make its way into FIAT soon.

So, any objections to making a new release of FFC (version 0.4.2-1)
up to but not including changeset 6b651f74ae97?

This should then be followed shortly by version 0.4.3 when we have
coordinated the updates between FFC and FIAT.

/Anders

---

From: Marie Rognes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:30:11 +0200

> coordinated the updates between FFC and FIAT.

Since the patch as made it into FIAT, I suggest that we make a new 
release including the most recent changes.

-- 
Marie E. Rognes
Ph.D Fellow, 
Centre of Mathematics for Applications, 
University of Oslo
http://folk.uio.no/meg

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:18:20 +0200

> release including the most recent changes.

I agree.

Some concerns:

1. Is everything ok with quadrature after the changes? (Kristian)

2. Are BDFM and BDM1 still broken?

/Anders

---

From: Marie Rognes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:20:03 +0200

> 2. Are BDFM and BDM1 still broken?

BDFM1 is still broken. BDM1 has not been broken as far as I know.

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:29:10 +0200

> BDFM1 is still broken. BDM1 has not been broken as far as I know.

Sorry, I meant RT1 (RT0, RT2, RT3 etc used to work but not RT1).

/Anders

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:44:31 +0200

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 07:31:19PM +0200, Marie Rognes wrote:
> Yes, RT1 is still feeling sad and lonely.

ok. It will be easier to debug RT1 now that we don't need to worry
about the different reference elements.

We just need confirmation that quadrature is ok and then we can make
the release (and then Åsmund can try to fix the Debian packages).

/Anders

---

From: Kristian Oelgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:49:32 +0200

> 1. Is everything ok with quadrature after the changes? (Kristian)

Yes, all forms in my test suite that worked before still work. I could use a few
more (advanced) forms for BDM/RT/Nedelec elements though, currently I'm just
testing the forms in ffc/src/demo/ + various DG forms.

Kristian
 
> _______________________________________________
> FFC-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/ffc-dev
>

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:09:46 +0200

> testing the forms in ffc/src/demo/ + various DG forms.

ok good. I can prepare a new release later today. We also need to ask
Rob for a new release of FIAT.

/Anders

---

From: Kristian Oelgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:29:30 +0200

> Rob for a new release of FIAT.

I've just pushed a small bug fix for quadrature, due to the name change ABS ->
MODULUS in Operators

Kristian