Subject: [FFC-dev] Buildbot problem for FFC

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 15:00:07 +0200

The FFC buildbot is currently failing on jaunty-amd64 and
linux64-exp. The difference seems to be a variable in the generated
code named FE0_f0 on some systems (including mine) and FE0_f1 on the
buildbot.

Johannes: Do you know if there is a difference in the configuration of
Python versions etc on those machines that can affect this?

Kristian: How are those variable names generated?

--
Anders

---

From: Kristian Oelgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 14:27:12 +0200

> Kristian: How are those variable names generated?

I blame dict and set (although it is my fault). When I extract unique elements
in all forms I do it by updating a set. Afterwards, I do something like:

for i, e in enumerate(list(set())):
  ...

where (i,e) are not guaranteed to be the same pairs, not even for subsequent
runs on the same machine. I guess I should fix this to make our tests robust,
but it is difficult since I don't get the error.
If you update those references that show the discrepancy, then it _should_ fail
on my machine and I can see if I can remove the 'error'.

Kristian

---

From: Johannes Ring <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 15:29:20 +0200

> Python versions etc on those machines that can affect this?

jaunty-amd64 is running Python 2.6 (standard in Jaunty) and
linux64-exp (Hardy) is running Python 2.5. linux64-exp is
potassium.simula.no so you can log in there and test it if you like.

Johannes

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 16:35:10 +0200

> in all forms I do it by updating a set. Afterwards, I do something like:

I suspected something like set or dict was the problem.

> for i, e in enumerate(list(set())):

How about

  for i, e in enumerate(sorted(list(set()))):

?

> on my machine and I can see if I can remove the 'error'.

I don't know if that's possible. It doesn't fail on my machine.

You can check what's wrong here:

http://fenics.org:8080/builders/ffc-jaunty-amd64/builds/83/steps/ffc%20check/logs/stdio

If you make a change, just push and then force a rebuild on the
buildbot and hope for the best.

--
Anders