Subject: [FFC-dev] Mixed methods error for Taylor Hood P3 and P4 elements

From: Andy Ray Terrel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 09:04:45 -0600

So when I define my Taylor Hood elements for P3 and P4, using the stokes 
equations I am getting the following error message.  I assume something 
is not being generated properly.   I get similar errors for P4/5 and 
P5/6.  Any suggestions?

Andy

`dolfin-config --compiler`  `dolfin-config --cflags`  -c main.cpp
In file included from main.cpp:5:
Stokes34.h: In member function `virtual void
  dolfin::Stokes34::BilinearForm::TestElement::dofmap(int*, const
  dolfin::Cell&, const dolfin::Mesh&) const':
Stokes34.h:121: error: conflicting types for `unsigned int
  edge_reordering[2][2]'
Stokes34.h:79: error: previous declaration as `unsigned int
  edge_reordering[2][3]'
Stokes34.h: In member function `const dolfin::FiniteElement&
  dolfin::Stokes34::BilinearForm::TestElement::operator[](unsigned int) 
const
  ':
Stokes34.h:236: error: invalid initialization of reference of type 'const
  dolfin::FiniteElement&' from expression of type 'dolfin::FiniteElement*'
Stokes34.h: In member function `virtual void
  dolfin::Stokes34::BilinearForm::TrialElement::dofmap(int*, const
  dolfin::Cell&, const dolfin::Mesh&) const':
Stokes34.h:630: error: conflicting types for `unsigned int
  edge_reordering[2][2]'
Stokes34.h:588: error: previous declaration as `unsigned int
  edge_reordering[2][3]'
Stokes34.h: In member function `const dolfin::FiniteElement&
  dolfin::Stokes34::BilinearForm::TrialElement::operator[](unsigned int) 
const
  ':

-- 

====================
Andy Terrel
Computer Science Dept
University of Chicago
[email-masked]
---------------------

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:15:39 -0600

Looks like a bug. I haven't tried higher-order mixed elements
before. The problem is that the array edge_reordering gets declared
twice with the same name.

I'll fix it.

/Anders

-- 
Anders Logg
Research Assistant Professor
Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago
http://www.tti-c.org/logg/