Subject: [FFC-dev] [HG FFC] Remove Form wrapper when compiling an element.

From: [email-masked] (FFC)
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 14:01:32 +0100 (CET)

One or more new changesets pushed to the primary ffc repository.
A short summary of the last three changesets is included below.

changeset:   1393:aca7d0ea2e240844d3ece2ee3b10ec1d1d0efbc4
tag:         tip
user:        "Kristian Oelgaard <[email-masked]>"
date:        Sat Mar 07 14:01:18 2009 +0100
files:       ffc/compiler/format/uflufcformat.py
description:
Remove Form wrapper when compiling an element.

changeset:   1392:e2616554bb1f533bd3ce99005504ee2a7d4d3925
user:        "Kristian Oelgaard <[email-masked]>"
date:        Sat Mar 07 13:11:25 2009 +0100
files:       ffc/compiler/compiler.py ffc/compiler/format/uflufcformat.py ffc/fem/createelement.py
description:
Generate FunctionSpace for one element.

changeset:   1391:6c840780532a17d3bae0149acabb0eb1f7f56642
user:        Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
date:        Fri Mar 06 23:50:21 2009 +0100
files:       .hgignore ffc/common/log.py ffc/compiler/representation/tensor/monomialextraction.py ffc/compiler/representation/tensor/monomials.py ffc/compiler/representation/tensor/monomialtransformation.py ffc/compiler/representation/tensor/uflmonomialintegration.py ffc/compiler/representation/tensor/uflreferencetensor.py ffc/compiler/representation/tensor/ufltensorrepresentation.py ffc/compiler/uflcompiler.py
description:
Work on monomial transformation

----------------------------------------------------------------------
For more details, visit http://www.fenics.org/hg/ffc

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:18:09 +0000

The below fixes have be undone in subsequent commits.

Garth

FFC wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> FFC-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/ffc-dev

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:59:33 +0000

> The below fixes have be undone in subsequent commits.

Problem was a switch from uflufcformat.py -> dolfinformat.py.

Should uflufcformat.py be removed?

Garth

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:30:33 +0000

There seem to have been a number of regressions lately. Compiling 
PoissonDG.ufl now gives the error

   *** 'exterior_facet_integrals'

Is this issue also related to uflufcformat.py -> dolfinformat.py?

Garth

-- 
Dr Garth N Wells
Department of Engineering
University of Cambridge
Trumpington Street
Cambridge CB2 1PZ
United Kingdom

tel.   +44 1223 3 32743
fax.   +44 1223 3 32662
e-mail [email-masked]

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 22:20:23 +0100

> Should uflufcformat.py be removed?

Definitely not. uflufcformat.py is going to replace both ufcformat.py
and dolfinformat.py and then be renamed ufcformat.py.

-- 
Anders

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 23:07:09 +0100

>    *** 'exterior_facet_integrals'

This should be fixed now.

> Is this issue also related to uflufcformat.py -> dolfinformat.py?

Those to are unrelated.

-- 
Anders

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 01:02:37 +0000

>> Is this issue also related to uflufcformat.py -> dolfinformat.py?

There is some relationship between these files and some errors because 
Kristian made fixes in uflufcformat.py which worked, and after some 
commits it seems that dolfinformat.py is being used instead of 
uflufcformat.py

Garth

> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

tel.   +44 1223 3 32743
fax.   +44 1223 3 32662
e-mail [email-masked]

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 09:34:46 +0100

> commits it seems that dolfinformat.py is being used instead of 

I made quite a few changes (simplifications and restructuring) to the
new code generation which broke things, in particular for facet
integrals, but it seems strange that dolfinformat.py should be used.
As far as I can tell it's only being used for compilation of .form
files, not .ufl files.

-- 
Anders

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 09:01:05 +0000

> As far as I can tell it's only being used for compilation of .form

Kristian made some fixes for .form files in uflufcformat.py

   http://www.fenics.org/hg/ffc?cs=fe24d7b3b90a
   http://www.fenics.org/hg/ffc?cs=aca7d0ea2e24
   http://www.fenics.org/hg/ffc?cs=e2616554bb1f

which were then undone at some point. I mimiced the changes in 
dolfinformat.py which fixed one issue. Should

    def _generate_function_space(self, element, classname, element_map):

not be in uflufcformat.py? It's confusing that uflufcformat.py has code 
for writing DOLFIN FunctionSpaces, but other DOLFIN-specific code is in 
  dolfinformat.py.

Garth

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 20:34:12 +0100

> for writing DOLFIN FunctionSpaces, but other DOLFIN-specific code is in 

The module dolfinformat.py will be removed once we've done with the
UFL transition. There will only be one format file which will then be
named ufcformat.py. The DOLFIN specific stuff will be handled by the
module dolfin_utils.wrappers (which is part of DOLFIN).

I still haven't gotten so far as to thinking about compilation of
single elements and function spaces for UFL yet (but Kristian has).

-- 
Anders

---

From: Kristian Oelgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 21:53:42 +0100

> > for writing DOLFIN FunctionSpaces, but other DOLFIN-specific code is in

The DOLFIN code part in uflufcformat.py is more or less a direct copy of
dolfinformat.py.
It's true that both *.form and *.ufl files used to use the new Format class in
uflufcformat.py, but something broke compilation of *.form files, I don't
remember  exactly what but I think it's because the used elements being stored
in form_data.elements (*.form) and form_data.ffc_elements (*.ufl) and instead
of handling this in the code generator I simply switched back on
dolfinformat.py for *.form files but that obviously did not work out. Sorry for
causing this trouble, I'll look into it tomorrow.

Kristian