Subject: [FFC-dev] tabulate_tensor error

From: Jake Ostien <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:05:34 -0400

Hi,

I am facing a problem when trying to compile a DOLFIN solver using code 
output from ffc. I am using quadrature since the sheer size of the form 
overwhelms my machine if I don't, and the resulting output header file 
currently sits at ~7.1M, which takes about 30 minutes to compile.

Running make yields the following error:

`pkg-config --variable=compiler dolfin` `pkg-config --cflags dolfin` -c 
main.cpp
DGSGPa.h: In member function ‘virtual void 
UFC_DGSGPaBilinearForm_cell_integral_0::tabulate_tensor(double*, const 
double* const*, const ufc::cell&) const’:
DGSGPa.h:86551: error: ‘Jinv_03’ was not declared in this scope
DGSGPa.h:86551: error: ‘Jinv_13’ was not declared in this scope
DGSGPa.h:86551: error: ‘Jinv_23’ was not declared in this scope
DGSGPa.h: In member function ‘virtual void 
UFC_DGSGPaBilinearForm_interior_facet_integral_0::tabulate_tensor(double*, 
const double* const*, const ufc::cell&, const ufc::cell&, unsigned int, 
unsigned int) const’:
DGSGPa.h:88266: error: ‘Jinv0_03’ was not declared in this scope
DGSGPa.h:88266: error: ‘Jinv0_13’ was not declared in this scope
DGSGPa.h:88266: error: ‘Jinv0_23’ was not declared in this scope
DGSGPa.h:88272: error: ‘Jinv0_03’ was not declared in this scope
.
.
.

which repeats thousands of times for every 'Jinv*' term that ends in a 
'3'. I am not that familiar with this part of the code (yet), but I plan 
on looking at it now. If anyone has any clues of where to look for this 
error, or may know what is going on, I'd be happy to hear about it.

Thanks,

Jake

---

From: Kristian Oelgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 11:04:22 +0200

> error, or may know what is going on, I'd be happy to hear about it.

Looks like there's a bug when generating the names for some of the Jacobian
terms. In 3D the last two indices should only run from 0 - 2. I'll take a look
at it.

Kristian

> Thanks,
> 
> Jake
> _______________________________________________
> FFC-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/ffc-dev
>

---

From: Jake Ostien <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:13:14 -0400

> terms. In 3D the last two indices should only run from 0 - 2. I'll take a look
This was not a bug in FFC. I had introduced the error in a local 
definition of the curl operator (on a 2nd order tensor) that took 
derivatives over the indices 1, 2, 3 (instead of 0, 1, 2). The 
mysterious '3's came from that bad definition. (Thanks Kristian)

Jake