Subject: [FFC-dev] [Fwd: mixed dof numbering]

From: "Johan Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 14:29:52 +0100 (MET)

Well, on second thought, for the block structure I guess the other orderig
should be used...

But we still get some strange bevavior in the solver that appears to be
related to different orderings.

/Johan

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: mixed dof numbering
From:    "Johan Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date:    Fri, February 2, 2007 2:24 pm
To:      [email-masked]
         [email-masked]
         [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the global dof numbering for the different components in a function
defined by a mixed element: I get the impression that we use a different
ordering for the mixed dofs than for the dofs of a regular vector valued
function?

I guess the natural way is to order the global dofs such that all
components for a given node (e.g. a vertex for Lagrange elements) lies
together, which I think gives the better block structure? It appears that
the mixed dofs are ordered differently?

Maybe I'm wrong? But if not, we should take care of this as soon as
possible, since it is very confusing.

/Johan