Subject: [Fiat] fiat-0.9.0.tar.gz

From: Johannes Ring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 13:50:03 +0100

Hi,

I'm about to upload the FIAT package to Debian but I have some
questions/comments regarding the fiat-0.9.0.tar.gz tarball:

* In FIAT/derivs there is a LICENSE file containing the CeCILL-C
license. Are the files in this folder (Derivatives.py and
FirstDerivatives.py) released under this license? Who has the
copyright for those files? Konrad Hinsen seems to be the author.

* The Python interpreter in FIAT/ascii2vtk*.py is #!/sw/bin/python and
I get (lintian) errors on the generated packages:

    E: python-fiat: wrong-path-for-interpreter
./usr/share/pyshared/FIAT/asci2vtk2d.py (#!/sw/bin/python !=
/usr/bin/python)
    E: python-fiat: wrong-path-for-interpreter
./usr/share/pyshared/FIAT/asci2vtk3d.py (#!/sw/bin/python !=
/usr/bin/python)

I have patched these files to use #!/usr/bin/env python instead to get
around this issue.

* There are .pyc files in FIAT/derivs. They are also in the bazaar
repository. It would be good to remove them.

* Version in setup.py is 3.3.0.

* There are some .py files in the root folder and some of them are
duplicates of files in the FIAT subfolder (ascii2vtk*.py, tablag.py).

Johannes

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 13:55:52 +0100

I will be in a meeting the next couple of hours, but I'm sure Marie,
Kristian or Garth can clean this up. :-) We should remove all .pyc
files, the duplicate files in the root directory and use
/usr/bin/env/python. Don't know about the license.

--
Anders

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 01:50:03PM +0100, Johannes Ring wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~fiat
> Post to     : [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~fiat
> More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 12:57:26 +0000

> /usr/bin/env/python. Don't know about the license.

I've clean up a few, but I'll be tied up for the rest of the afternoon.

Garth

>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>

---

From: Marie Rognes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 14:04:51 +0100

> /usr/bin/env/python. Don't know about the license.

Is the stuff in derivs used anywhere?

--
Marie

---

From: Johannes Ring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 14:15:54 +0100

> Is the stuff in derivs used anywhere?

It doesn't seem like it:

johannr@simula-x61:fiat$ grep Derivatives FIAT/*.py
FIAT/expansions.py:    import Scientific.Functions.Derivatives as Derivatives
FIAT/expansions.py:    import Scientific.Functions.FirstDerivatives as
FirstDerivatives
FIAT/expansions.py:        from Derivatives import DerivVar
FIAT/expansions.py:        from Derivatives import DerivVar
FIAT/expansions.py:    from FirstDerivatives import DerivVar
FIAT/functional.py:import Scientific.Functions.Derivatives as Derivatives
FIAT/functional.py:import Scientific.Functions.FirstDerivatives as
FirstDerivatives
FIAT/functional.py:            dpt = tuple( [ Derivatives.DerivVar(
pt[i] , i , self.max_deriv_order ) \
FIAT/functional.py:                dpt.append( Derivatives.DerivVar(
pt[i] , i , dorder ) )
FIAT/functional.py:        dx = tuple( [ Derivatives.DerivVar( x[i] ,
i , self.order ) \
FIAT/functional.py:        dx = tuple( [ FirstDerivatives.DerivVar( x[i] , i ) \
FIAT/newdubiner.py:    from Scientific.Functions.Derivatives import
DerivVar as DV
FIAT/newdubiner.py:    from Scientific.Functions.Derivatives import
DerivVar as DV
FIAT/polynomial_set.py:import Scientific.Functions.FirstDerivatives as
FirstDerivatives
FIAT/polynomial_set.py:            dpts = numpy.array( [ tuple(
[FirstDerivatives.DerivVar( x[i] , i ) \
johannr@simula-x61:fiat$

Maybe they were used before Scientific Python was made a dependency?

Johannes

---

From: Marie Rognes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 14:22:52 +0100

>> Is the stuff in derivs used anywhere?

Ok, I went ahead and removed.

--
Marie

---

From: Johannes Ring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:08:47 +0100

> Ok, I went ahead and removed.

Good.

Is it possible to upload a new tarball? If not, I will specify Konrad
Hinsen as copyright holder of the files in the derivs folder.

Johannes

---

From: Marie Rognes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 15:10:35 +0100

Johannes Ring wrote:
> Is it possible to upload a new tarball?

Anders will probably fix when he gets back ...

--
Marie

>  If not, I will specify Konrad

---

From: Johannes Ring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:13:27 +0100

> Anders will probably fix when he gets back ...

Fine.

Johannes

>>>> FIAT/functional.py:        dx = tuple( [ FirstDerivatives.DerivVar( x[i]
>>>> ,
>>>> i ) \

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:52:52 +0100

> > Anders will probably fix when he gets back ...

I can do create a new release of FIAT 0.9.1. Is everything in good
shape now?

--
Anders

---

From: Johannes Ring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 16:02:36 +0100

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Anders Logg <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I can do create a new release of FIAT 0.9.1.

That would be great.

> Is everything in good

One more thing: In the dist subfolder there are some old FIAT
tarballs. Are those necessary to include in the tarball?

You should also probably include setup.py in FILES in release.conf.

Johannes

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 16:22:54 +0100

> > I can do create a new release of FIAT 0.9.1.

ok, I'll do it in a little while.

> tarballs. Are those necessary to include in the tarball?

No, I've removed those now.

> You should also probably include setup.py in FILES in release.conf.

ok. Will fix.

--
Anders

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 17:22:23 +0100

> > You should also probably include setup.py in FILES in release.conf.

0.9.1 is released

--
Anders

---

From: Johannes Ring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 17:26:28 +0100

>> > You should also probably include setup.py in FILES in release.conf.

Very good. I will upload to Debian soon.

Johannes

---

From: Johannes Ring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 18:18:07 +0100

> Very good. I will upload to Debian soon.

We forgot about the Python interpreter in FIAT/ascii2vtk*.py but it's
not a big deal so I patched and uploaded.

Johannes

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 18:35:16 +0100

> not a big deal so I patched and uploaded.

ok, I have fixed it upstream. :-)

--
Anders