Subject: [Fiat] Scientific Python dependency

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 10:33:14 +0100

I took a look at while back at Python 3 for all the FEniCS packages. I
was able to auto-convert everything, with the hang-up dependency of
Scientific Python, on which FIAT relies. Is this dependency essential
and is there an alternative? Unfortunately it doesn't appear that
Scientific Python development is very active.

Garth

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 13:49:32 +0200

> Scientific Python development is very active.

It looks essential, but FIAT has worked without it before. It was
introduced during a partial rewrite.

Rob?

--
Anders

---

From: Robert Kirby <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 09:34:23 -0500

It was resolved by dropping in the requisite file from Scientific Python and
redistributing it.