Subject: [Instant-dev] Tests failing on 64-bit

From: Ilmar Wilbers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 15:02:29 +0200

Hi,

The test test6.py fails on a 64-bit platform:
running test test6.py
--- Instant: compiling ---
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "test6.py", line 34, in <module>
     ['n3', 'p3', 'array3']])
   File 
"/scratch/buildbot/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/instant.py", line 
691, in create_extension
     ext.create_extension(**args)
   File 
"/scratch/buildbot/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/instant.py", line 
291, in create_extension
     raise RuntimeError, "The extension module did not compile, check 
%s/compile.log" % self.module
RuntimeError: The extension module did not compile, check 
test6_ext/compile.log

The output:
less test6_ext/compile.log
running build_ext
building '_test6_ext' extension
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -Wall 
-Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I. 
-I/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/core/include 
-I/usr/include/python2.5 -c test6_ext_wrap.cxx -o 
build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.5/test6_ext_wrap.o -g
cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wstrict-prototypes" is valid for 
Ada/C/ObjC but not for C++
test6_ext_wrap.cxx: In function 'PyObject* _wrap_add(PyObject*, PyObject*)':
test6_ext_wrap.cxx:2752: error: cannot convert 'npy_intp*' to 'int*' in 
assignment
test6_ext_wrap.cxx:2754: error: cannot convert 'npy_intp*' to 'int*' in 
assignment
test6_ext_wrap.cxx:2757: error: cannot convert 'npy_intp*' to 'int*' in 
assignment
error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

ilmar