Subject: [UFL-dev] is_multilinear

From: Martin Sandve Alnæs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 14:46:22 +0100

I see in the preliminary ffc ufl compiler that you use is_multilinear
to select tensor or quadrature representation. This isn't what
is_multilinear does, it only checks linearity in basis function
arguments, not functions, so if it returns false you have an invalid
form no matter what. We can add a variant of the same algorithm that
checks for linearity in functions, but is_multilinear should stay as
it is.

Martin

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:31:03 +0100

> checks for linearity in functions, but is_multilinear should stay as

ok. I've been thinking about this and I have a feeling that the
easiest way to check if a form is multilinear (in the FFC sense) is
to actually try to compute the monomial representation. If it works
it's "multilinear" otherwise not.

-- 
Anders