Subject: [Meshbuilder-dev] [HG MeshBuilder] Updated installation instructions.

From: [email-masked] (MeshBuilder)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:27:32 +0200 (CEST)

One or more new changesets pushed to the primary meshbuilder repository.
A short summary of the last three changesets is included below.

changeset:   10:a2e5e8c2af607ce462740e9cb990c3ef96da4b9c
tag:         tip
user:        Johannes Ring <[email-masked]>
date:        Mon Apr 14 12:28:37 2008 +0200
files:       README
description:
Updated installation instructions.

changeset:   9:10332577e5de371c5ef495c871b70ef8ab7205f4
user:        Johannes Ring <[email-masked]>
date:        Mon Apr 14 12:28:22 2008 +0200
files:       meshbuilder.pro
description:
pkg-config fix.

changeset:   8:8c292e69cdd504484ae2f2f746be7b3c7b683080
user:        Johannes Ring <[email-masked]>
date:        Mon Apr 14 12:27:36 2008 +0200
files:       osgQt/QtActionAdapter.h osgQt/QtEventAdapter_1_0.h osgQt/QtEventAdapter_1_2.h
description:
Removed extra ';' (pedantic).

----------------------------------------------------------------------
For more details, visit http://www.fenics.org/hg/meshbuilder

---

From: Kristian Oelgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:56:05 +0200

I get the following error when trying to build meshbuilder:

oelgaard@mech028:~/fenics/meshbuilder$ make all
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -pipe -ansi -DDEBUG -g -Werror -DNDEBUG -O2 -DHAS_MPI=1
-DMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK -DPACKAGE_VERSION="0.7.2" -DHAS_PETSC=1 -DHAS_SLEPC=1
-DHAS_UMFPACK=1 -DHAS_GTS=1 -fno-strict-aliasing -pthread
-I/home/oelgaard/fenics/dolfin/local/include
-I/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/core/include
-I/home/oelgaard/slepc-2.3.3 -I/home/oelgaard/slepc-2.3.3/include
-I/usr/include/suitesparse -I/usr/include/python2.5
-I/home/oelgaard/petsc-2.3.3-p7/bmake/linux-gnu-cxx-debug
-I/home/oelgaard/petsc-2.3.3-p7/include
-I/home/oelgaard/petsc-2.3.3-p7/externalpackages/mpich2-1.0.5p4/linux-gnu-cxx-debug/include
-I/home/oelgaard/local/include -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -w -g -D_REENTRANT  -DLINUX -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE
-DQT_NO_DEBUG -Dgpp_Cplusplus -Dgpp2_Cplusplus -DNO_EXCEPTION_SUPPORT
-DVTK_GRAPHICS -DNUMT=double -DSAFETY_CHECKS -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED
-DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -I/usr/share/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -Ibase -Igui
-Iscenegraph -Iutil -I/include -I/include -I/include -I/usr/include/qt3
-I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -Ibuild/ -o build/CategoryNode.o
scenegraph/CategoryNode.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.1.3/backward/hash_map.h:59,
                 from base/ObjectManager.h:6,
                 from scenegraph/CategoryNode.cpp:2:
/usr/include/c++/4.1.3/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: error: #warning This
file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider
using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard.
Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++
includes, or <iostream> instead of the deprecated header <iostream.h>. To
disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.
make: *** [build/CategoryNode.o] Error 1

Kristian

Quoting MeshBuilder <[email-masked]>:

> _______________________________________________
> Meshbuilder-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/meshbuilder-dev
>

---

From: "Johannes Ring" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 09:59:11 +0200 (CEST)

> make: *** [build/CategoryNode.o] Error 1

I see you are using the development version of DOLFIN. As far as I know,
MeshBuilder is only tested with the 0.7.2 release of DOLFIN.
Perhaps this is the reason you are having problems building MeshBuilder.

Johannes

---

From: Kristian Oelgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:26:26 +0200

> Perhaps this is the reason you are having problems building MeshBuilder.

I tried to compile against the 0.7.2 release of DOLFIN but with the same result:

oelgaard@mech028:~/fenics/meshbuilder$ make
/usr/share/qt3/bin/uic gui/FloatSliderBase.ui -o gui/FloatSliderBase.h
/usr/share/qt3/bin/uic gui/ColorButtonBase.ui -o gui/ColorButtonBase.h
/usr/share/qt3/bin/uic gui/ApplicationWindowBase.ui -o gui/ApplicationWindowBase.h
/usr/share/qt3/bin/uic gui/Colormap.ui -o gui/Colormap.h
g++ -c -pipe -pthread -DHAVE_GTS_H=1 -DHAVE_MPI_H=1 -DMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK
-DDEBUG -g -O2 -Wall -Werror -DNDEBUG -pedantic -ansi -Wno-long-long -std=c++98
-I/home/oelgaard/fenics/dolfin-0.7.2/local/include -I/usr/include/libxml2
-I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
-I/home/oelgaard/local/include -w -g -D_REENTRANT  -DLINUX -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE
-DQT_NO_DEBUG -Dgpp_Cplusplus -Dgpp2_Cplusplus -DNO_EXCEPTION_SUPPORT
-DVTK_GRAPHICS -DNUMT=double -DSAFETY_CHECKS -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED
-DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -I/usr/share/qt3/mkspecs/default -I. -Ibase -Igui
-Iscenegraph -Iutil -I/include -I/include -I/include -I/usr/include/qt3
-I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -Ibuild/ -o build/CategoryNode.o
scenegraph/CategoryNode.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.1.3/backward/hash_map.h:59,
                 from base/ObjectManager.h:6,
                 from scenegraph/CategoryNode.cpp:2:
/usr/include/c++/4.1.3/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: error: #warning This
file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider
using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard.
Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++
includes, or <iostream> instead of the deprecated header <iostream.h>. To
disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.
make: *** [build/CategoryNode.o] Error 1

Kristian

---

From: "Johannes Ring" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:00:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, April 15, 2008 Kristian Oelgaard wrote:
>> > /usr/include/c++/4.1.3/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: error:
>> #warning
>> > This

Have you tried building with -Wno-deprecated? Simply add

  QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -Wno-deprecated

at the bottom of meshbuilder.pro and run

  qmake meshbuilder.pro && make clean all

Is this an issue you got after my changes yesterday?

Johannes

---

From: Kristian Oelgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:37:18 +0200

> Is this an issue you got after my changes yesterday?

It used to work, then I pulled the latest changes (yesterday) and it broke.

this works, but now I get:

make: *** [build/DolfinObject.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from gui/ApplicationWindow.cpp:8:
scenegraph/DolfinObject.h:146:34: error: no newline at end of file
make: *** [build/moc_DolfinObject.o] Error 1
make: *** [build/ApplicationWindow.o] Error 1

In file included from scenegraph/DolfinObject.cpp:6:
scenegraph/DolfinObject.h:146:34: error: no newline at end of file

adding new lines at the end of these files fixes the build for me.

Kristian

---

From: "Johannes Ring" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:10:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, April 15, 2008 Kristian Oelgaard wrote:
>> >> > In file included from
>> /usr/include/c++/4.1.3/backward/hash_map.h:59,
>> >> > Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header
>> for
>> >> C++
>> >> > includes, or <iostream> instead of the deprecated header
>> <iostream.h>.
>> >> To
>> > I tried to compile against the 0.7.2 release of DOLFIN but with the
>> same
>> > result:
>> >

I tried now with the development version of DOLFIN and I had the same
problem.

> this works,

Adding this solved it for me too. I don't see any other simple fix for
this problem.

> but now I get:

Yes, I noticed this as well when using DOLFIN from hg. The attached hg
bundle should fix these issues. (This bundle also stores MeshFunction as
'uint' rather than 'int'.) Anders can you push this?

Johannes

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:08:03 +0200

> 'uint' rather than 'int'.) Anders can you push this?

Done. Sorry for the delay, I've been out with a cold.

-- 
Anders