Subject: [puffin-dev] Re: your mail

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:29:21 -0600

Hi!

The functions pdemesh and pdeplot can be found in the Matlab PDE
toolbox. If you have this toolbox installed, then it should just work.

The pdemesh and pdeplot functions that you can find in DOLFIN are
replacements for these functions that can be used with Octave, so
euther you need Matlab + PDE toolbox or Octave + replacement scripts +
Open Inventor.

Also, I'm not sure that Puffin works completely with Octave, I've just
tested it with Matlab. Our intentions are that it should work fine
with Octave, but we have not had time to do the testing. If it works
with Octave or if you can make it work, we would be happy to know.

/Anders

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 11:54:02AM -0600, Rosette Tuy wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Sorry to disturb you, but I would need some advices...
> 
> I tried to make the last version of Puffin run in Matlab 7.0.1 by using 
> the PoissonSolver example and I got some error: the program didn't find 
> the function "pdemesh"; So I copy it from the dolphin directory and I 
> did the same thing for the function "pdeplot".
> Now it doesn't find the command/function "popen2"... First, I thought 
> it was on the software PETSc, so I downloaded and installed it. But the 
> answer is no. Then, I downloaded and installed Open Inventor to have 
> "ivview" ... But I still have this error about "popen2" ...
> 
> Does the last version of Puffin work in Matlab 7.0.1 ? or should I 
> download Octave ?
> Where can I find "popen2" ? Is "popen2" a function of Octave ? If yes, 
> is it compatible with Matlab ?
> 
> 
> Thanks for your answers,
> Best regards,
> Rosette.
> 
>