Subject: [Syfi-dev] sfc problems

From: Patrick Riesen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 14:58:08 +0100

hello

i have downloaded the current fenics source-tarballs from the homepage 
and installed them locally to a kind of 'home-python-sitepackages' 
directory. i use python2.4.4 and all installations went successfull, 
also the make of syfi and its python modules syfi and sfc had no errors 
in compilation.

opening the python interpreter i can import the modules of
SyFi, swiginac, Symbolic, FErari and FIAT without problems.

most examples work and indicate a successfull installation.
those test/examples which do not use sfc work easily, but when i e.g. 
just want to import sfc in the python2.4, i get an error like

Python 2.4.4 (#2, Apr 16 2008, 17:58:59)
[GCC 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
<< python start up: enabling readline..done>>
 >>> import sfc
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File 
"/home/priesen/num/syfi/lib/python2.4/site-packages/sfc/__init__.py", 
line 53, in ?
     from sfc.representations.FormRep import FormRep, CallbackForm, 
Jacobi, Action, derivative
   File 
"/home/priesen/num/fenics_py/lib/python2.4/site-packages/sfc/representations/FormRep.py", 
line 252
     self.options        = {} if options is None else options
                               ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

might this result from errors in compilation/module generation or what 
could be the reason for this?

best regards,

patrick

---

From: "Martin Sandve Alnæs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:59:34 +0100

> could be the reason for this?

Hi Patrick,
SFC depends on python 2.5.

-- 
Martin

---

From: Patrick Riesen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 16:29:28 +0100

ok, so therefore i should build with python2.5.. is this true also for 
all other packages?

best regards,
patrick

---

From: "Martin Sandve Alnæs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 16:43:44 +0100

I don't know, but it will be in the future for most of them.

Note that you don't need syfi/sfc to use other fenics packages, the
default in dolfin is to use ffc instead.

-- 
Martin

2008/12/1 Patrick Riesen <[email-masked]>:
> _______________________________________________
> SyFi-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/syfi-dev
>