Subject: [Syfi-dev] SyFi for ginac 1.5

From: Ola Skavhaug <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:52:30 +0200

I've ported SyFi to GiNaC and Swiginac 1.5.1 and try to figure out if
I've got it right.

How are the tests run? It doesn't seem to be a streamlined build
target to test the software.

-- 
Ola Skavhaug

---

From: Kent Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:34:46 +0200

Great!

I don't think we have any specific tests on the Python interface but if
eg. 
<syfi>/demo/Poisson/python/demo.py 

works then we are in good shape. 

There are also tests 
under
<syfi>/tests/python

Kent

---

From: Martin Sandve Alnæs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:11:09 +0200

The test suite for sfc is horrible, I wonder who wrote it :)

> works then we are in good shape.

Anyway, try this as well:

  cd <syfi>/demo/ElectroMechanics/cpp/
  make
  (demo doesn't quite work but should compile)

  cd <syfi>/demo/ProjectionMixed/cpp/
  make view

> <syfi>/tests/python

That won't help him much, there's a mix of old
and new tests there and it's not streamlined...

Martin

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:42:08 +0200

> target to test the software.

When I try to build SyFi with (swi)GiNac 1.5.1, I receive the following
error. I use gcc4.3.3 and  swig 1.3.35.  Any ideas?

g++-4 -o syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.os -c -Wall -pipe -ansi -DDEBUG -g -DNDEBUG
-O2 -DSYFILIB_VERSION=\"0.6.0\" -fno-strict-aliasing -fPIC -I.
-I/Users/harish/Desktop/FEniCS/stable/build/include
-I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/python2.5
-I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/python2.5
-I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/numpy/core/include
-I/Users/harish/Desktop/FEniCS/stable/build/include syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc: In function ‘PyObject* ex2type(const GiNaC::ex*)’:
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2917: error: ‘const class GiNaC::basic’ has no
member named ‘tinfo’
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2918: error: ‘TINFO_symbol’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2919: error: ‘TINFO_constant’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2920: error: ‘TINFO_numeric’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2921: error: ‘TINFO_lst’ was not declared in this
scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2925: error: ‘TINFO_pseries’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2926: error: ‘TINFO_su3one’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2927: error: ‘TINFO_su3t’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2928: error: ‘TINFO_su3f’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2929: error: ‘TINFO_su3d’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2930: error: ‘TINFO_diracone’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2931: error: ‘TINFO_diracgamma’ was not declared
in this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2932: error: ‘TINFO_diracgamma5’ was not declared
in this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2933: error: ‘TINFO_diracgammaL’ was not declared
in this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2934: error: ‘TINFO_diracgammaR’ was not declared
in this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2935: error: ‘TINFO_tensor’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2936: error: ‘TINFO_tensdelta’ was not declared
in this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2937: error: ‘TINFO_tensmetric’ was not declared
in this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2938: error: ‘TINFO_minkmetric’ was not declared
in this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2939: error: ‘TINFO_spinmetric’ was not declared
in this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2940: error: ‘TINFO_tensepsilon’ was not declared
in this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2941: error: ‘TINFO_wildcard’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2942: error: ‘TINFO_indexed’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2943: error: ‘TINFO_color’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2944: error: ‘TINFO_clifford’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2945: error: ‘TINFO_idx’ was not declared in this
scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2946: error: ‘TINFO_varidx’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2947: error: ‘TINFO_spinidx’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2948: error: ‘TINFO_symmetry’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2949: error: ‘TINFO_integral’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2950: error: ‘TINFO_cliffordunit’ was not
declared in this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2951: error: ‘TINFO_relational’ was not declared
in this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2952: error: ‘TINFO_function’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2953: error: ‘TINFO_add’ was not declared in this
scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2954: error: ‘TINFO_mul’ was not declared in this
scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2955: error: ‘TINFO_ncmul’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2956: error: ‘TINFO_matrix’ was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2957: error: ‘TINFO_power’ was not declared in
this scope
scons: *** [syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.os] Error 1

Harish

---

From: Andre Massing <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:45:18 +0200

Hi,

> error. I use gcc4.3.3 and  swig 1.3.35.  Any ideas?

same issue with python 2.6 and swig 1.3.39.

> _______________________________________________
> SyFi-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/syfi-dev

---

From: Ilmar Wilbers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:47:47 +0200

I don't think has Ola checked in this code yet...

ilmar

---

From: Kent Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:51:37 +0200

Yes, SyFi has not been tested with GiNaC 1.5.1. 
The reason is that swiginac has not been ported
to 1.5.1. 

The C++ part of SyFi probably works well. But I guess
most people care more about the Python part.  

Kent

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:00:18 +0200

> The reason is that swiginac has not been ported

OK, I thought it had been. I just fetched something called
swiginac-1.5.1.tgz and it seemed to build correctly.

Harish

---

From: Martin Sandve Alnæs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:07:21 +0200

> swiginac-1.5.1.tgz and it seemed to build correctly.

Yes, the reason is that Olas SyFi update has not been checked in yet.

It's an extremely bad time for me to get in trouble if this doesn't
work out flawlessly. So the best solution would be if Ola made his
work available in a separate repository for now.

I won't be touching any C++ parts, so there won't be any merging problems.

Martin

---

From: Harish Narayanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:09:22 +0200

> work available in a separate repository for now.

I understand now.

Harish

---

From: Kent Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:21:08 +0200

> I won't be touching any C++ parts, so there won't be any merging problems.

I will check that it does not cause any problems for you. 
The thing is that we now
do 
if GiNaC 1.3 
   include ex1.3.i 
else if GiNaC 1.4
   include ex1.4.i 

Hence, we can include ex1.5.i and it should not cause any problems for
you (and I will check that it doesn't).  

Kent

---

From: Martin Sandve Alnæs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:31:54 +0200

Thanks, that's a good solution.

Martin

---

From: Ola Skavhaug <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:01:02 +0200

> Thanks, that's a good solution.

With the released swiginac 1.5.1, SyFi should build correct. It's
tested on my system. Make sure your systems don't pick up an older
ginac; due to the changes in the type info system, this will crash
badly.

Ola

-- 
Ola Skavhaug

---

From: Kent Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:23:30 +0200

> ginac; due to the changes in the type info system, this will crash

Kudos to Ola for making sure SyFi works with GiNaC 1.5! 

Kent