Subject: [Syfi-dev] Build failure with Ginac 1.5

From: "Johannes Ring" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:24:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm trying to build SyFi on Debian sid and there seems to be a problem
with Ginac 1.5:

c++ -o syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.os -c -Wall -pipe -ansi -DDEBUG -g -DNDEBUG -O2
-DSYFILIB_VERSION=\"0.6.0\" -fno-strict-aliasing -fPIC -I. -I/usr/include
-I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/usr/include
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc: In function 'PyObject* ex2type(const GiNaC::ex*)':
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2923: error: 'const class GiNaC::basic' has no
member named 'tinfo'
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2924: error: 'TINFO_symbol' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2925: error: 'TINFO_constant' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2926: error: 'TINFO_numeric' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2927: error: 'TINFO_lst' was not declared in this
scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2931: error: 'TINFO_pseries' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2932: error: 'TINFO_su3one' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2933: error: 'TINFO_su3t' was not declared in this
scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2934: error: 'TINFO_su3f' was not declared in this
scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2935: error: 'TINFO_su3d' was not declared in this
scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2936: error: 'TINFO_diracone' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2937: error: 'TINFO_diracgamma' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2938: error: 'TINFO_diracgamma5' was not declared
in this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2939: error: 'TINFO_diracgammaL' was not declared
in this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2940: error: 'TINFO_diracgammaR' was not declared
in this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2941: error: 'TINFO_tensor' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2942: error: 'TINFO_tensdelta' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2943: error: 'TINFO_tensmetric' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2944: error: 'TINFO_minkmetric' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2945: error: 'TINFO_spinmetric' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2946: error: 'TINFO_tensepsilon' was not declared
in this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2947: error: 'TINFO_wildcard' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2948: error: 'TINFO_indexed' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2949: error: 'TINFO_color' was not declared in this
scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2950: error: 'TINFO_clifford' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2951: error: 'TINFO_idx' was not declared in this
scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2952: error: 'TINFO_varidx' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2953: error: 'TINFO_spinidx' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2954: error: 'TINFO_symmetry' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2955: error: 'TINFO_integral' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2956: error: 'TINFO_cliffordunit' was not declared
in this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2957: error: 'TINFO_relational' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2958: error: 'TINFO_function' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2959: error: 'TINFO_add' was not declared in this
scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2960: error: 'TINFO_mul' was not declared in this
scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2961: error: 'TINFO_ncmul' was not declared in this
scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2962: error: 'TINFO_matrix' was not declared in
this scope
syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.cc:2963: error: 'TINFO_power' was not declared in this
scope
scons: *** [syfi/swig/SyFi_wrap.os] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

Is it to late to fix this before the release?

Johannes

---

From: Kent Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 09:46:11 +0200

OK, thanks. I'll have a look. 

Kent

On fr., 2009-04-03 at 09:24 +0200, Johannes Ring wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> SyFi-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/syfi-dev

---

From: Martin Sandve Alnæs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:49:59 +0200

They've changed from their own custom RTTI system to the standard C++
RTTI system. Sounds like a nontrivial thing to fix.

Martin

---

From: Kent Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 09:59:54 +0200

Swiginac does not work with GiNaC 1.5 yet. So it would not 
make sense. It is the typemaps from swiginac that are 
the problem. 

Hence, we will not fix this before the release. 

Kent

---

From: Ola Skavhaug <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 10:01:44 +0200

> make sense. It is the typemaps from swiginac that are

That's right.

I might have a look at this monday or tuesday.

Ola

-- 
Ola Skavhaug

---

From: "Johannes Ring" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 10:01:54 +0200 (CEST)

> Hence, we will not fix this before the release.

OK.

Johannes

---

From: Kent Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 10:24:47 +0200

> I might have a look at this monday or tuesday.

ok, we will wait, no pressure :) 

Kent