Subject: [Syfi-dev] error during installation of SyFi

From: Victor Prosolin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:55:27 -0600

Dear SyFi developers.
When trying to install the SyFi library I get the following error:
scons: *** DirNodeInfo instance has no attribute 'csig'

The library does compile fine. The library libsyfi.so(+version),
headers, syfi.pc, SyFi.py and _SyFi.so are installed in proper
locations. But then I get this error. Also examples don't work because
the "swiginac" module can't be found. I suppose it's related to the
ginac package.
Some additional information:
System: OpenSuse 11.0, 64bit.
All FEniCS packages are installed from sources in my home directory and
all environment variables are properly adjusted so that libraries,
python modules are all found when I work with other applications. I use
the latest sources from Mercurial repositories. Ginac is installed in
the same directory as the other packages. It is properly found during
the installation.

Please let me know if you need some additional information.

Sincerely,
Victor Prosolin.

---

From: Ilmar Wilbers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:05:52 +0200

According to the scons bug tracker, this issue should be fixed in the 
newest scons version, made available 10. october:

 >Thomas, thanks for the report. I just reproduced the DirNodeInfo error 
 >with SCons 0.98.5. This problem is fixed in the SVN trunk and the fix 
 >will be in SCons 1.1.

ilmar

Victor Prosolin wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> SyFi-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/syfi-dev

---

From: Kent Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:09:21 +0200

> scons: *** DirNodeInfo instance has no attribute 'csig'

We are not quite sure what this error is but it seems harmless. 
It seems to be an internal scons problem that don't affect the 
installation. 

> the "swiginac" module can't be found. I suppose it's related to the

For using the SyFi package in Python you need swiginac. 
What you typically will do is 
python 
>>> import swiginac 
>>> import SyFi 

swiginac can be found at 

http://swiginac.berlios.de/

---

From: Victor Prosolin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:50:17 -0600

Thank you for your suggestions.
I installed scons 1.1.0 and swiginac and now everything is working fine.

Cheers,
Victor Prosolin.