Subject: [UFC-dev] Updates for 1.2

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:26:00 +0100

My recollection is that there was agreement on the addition of some 
functions to UFC for version 1.2. Specifically, from the TODO list:

     dof_map::local_dimension(ufc::cell& c)
     dof_map::max_local_dimension()
     finite_element::evaluate_basis(unsigned int i,
                                   double* values,
                                   const double* coordinates)

Can these be added now to the development version?

Garth

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 17:44:29 +0200

> Can these be added now to the development version?

There are quite a few suggestions in the UFC TODO file. I'm not sure
which are needed.

I'd be happy to add all of these and also make a release of 1.2. It's
just that it takes time to do it, and then FFC also needs to be worked
on so it can generate all the code to go along with the new interface.

-- 
Anders

---

From: Martin Sandve Alnæs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 17:48:38 +0200

> on so it can generate all the code to go along with the new interface.

Wouldn't it be better to wait until DOLFIN and FFC are released
with stable UFL support?

Martin

---

From: "Garth N. Wells" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:58:27 +0100

> Wouldn't it be better to wait until DOLFIN and FFC are released

It doesn't bother me whether or not a release is made immediately. I 
would really like to have the first two in the development version now 
so I don't have to continue maintaining a separate assembler with hacks. 
The first two functions can be generated by FFC with minimal effort.

Garth

> Martin
> _______________________________________________
> UFC-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/ufc-dev