Subject: [UFC-dev] num_sub_domains

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:14:51 +0100

Do we need a num_sub_domains or num_cell_integrals,
num_exterior_facet_integrals etc in the interface or do we leave this
blank?

The create_*_integral() functions could return 0 for i >= n where n is
the number of sub domains for the integral type in question.

FFC currently allows any number of sub domains for each integral type
and the sub domains can be separate (different sub domains for
boundary and domain for example).

/Anders

---

From: "Martin Sandve Alnæs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 17:35:22 +0100

> the number of sub domains for the integral type in question.

This is just awkward, and inconsistent since we could in theory do the
same for the other factory functions.

> boundary and domain for example).

This is how I've understood the UFC "subdomains" too.

martin

---

From: "Martin Sandve Alnæs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 17:42:30 +0100

2007/3/6, Anders Logg <[email-masked]>:
> ok, let's then add the following three functions:
>
>   unsigned int num_cell_integrals() const;
>   unsigned int num_exterior_facet_integrals() const;
>   unsigned int num_interior_facet_integrals() const;
>
> ok?

Good.

martin