Subject: [UFC-dev] Additional function

From: "Martin Sandve Alnæs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 22:35:51 +0200

When implementing dolfin::DofMap::disp() today, I discovered that
dof_map also needs a function topological_dimension() to be complete,
just like we added geometric_dimension() in v1.1. It's needed to know
the valid arguments to f.ex. needs_mesh_entities(d), and since we're
not assuming the two dimensions are equal in other places we shouldn't
here either. In dolfin::DofMap it wasn't a practical problem because
the mesh was available, but the principle still applies. Agree?

-- 
Martin

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 11:58:07 +0200

> the mesh was available, but the principle still applies. Agree?

Sounds good.

But we probably want to wait a while before adding it. There may be
other functions to add and then we can add them all in v1.2.

In particular, I'd like to add a function

  foo_integral::tabulate_tensors(...)
                               ~

Same reason as for evaluate_dof --> evaluate_dofs etc. Ilmar is
working on assembling element tensors on batches of elements and will
need this.

Is there a suitable location (in the UFC repository) to add
suggestions for new functions?

-- 
Anders

---

From: "Martin Sandve Alnæs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 12:00:40 +0200

>  suggestions for new functions?

There's a simple file TODO (or something)  in the root directory.

-- 
Martin

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 12:51:14 +0200

> There's a simple file TODO (or something)  in the root directory.

ok, done.

-- 
Anders