Subject: [UFC-dev] Possible new collaborators

From: "Martin Sandve Alnæs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 17:16:13 +0200

I met with some people from the FETK (Finite Element ToolKit)
yesterday and explained the main components of FeNiCs, the concept of
code generation and went through the UFC interface in detail. The lead
developer of FETK, Mike, seemed very interested in UFC. He said they
have a similar interface in their own software, and would take a
closer look. I'm meeting them again on tuesday, and he'll explain more
about their software then.

Soon we're going to explore fluid-sand interaction at Pacific Beach.

cheers from California,
Martin

---

From: Anders Logg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 21:49:47 +0200

Very nice! There seemed to be some interest in adopting the UFC 
interface at ICIAM in Zurich last month also. Would be fun if more 
people could adopt it (and improve it for the next release).

/Anders

Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> UFC-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://fenics.org/mailman/listinfo/ufc-dev

---

From: Ola Skavhaug <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 23:57:02 +0200

> people could adopt it (and improve it for the next release).
 
When I was in San Diego, I talked to Mike as well. They have some really
interesting iterative solvers that can be used efficiently with adaptive
solvers. I think we should look into this.

Ola