Subject: [Unicorn-dev] Boundary condition problem

From: "feng hobble" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:58:03 -0800

Hi,

How to apply the boundary condition to 'fix' one end of a bar (structure) if
the whole bar is within the channel?
The example case bench2D is the bar fixed on top of the wall of the channel.

Thanks,
Zhan

---

From: Johan Jansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 22:03:47 +0100

feng hobble wrote:
> Hi,
>  
> How to apply the boundary condition to 'fix' one end of a bar 
> (structure) if the whole bar is within the channel?
Hi!

I think you mean the 3D example with the solid mounted to the wall at an 
angle? In the 2D benchmark there is a fixed circle (a circular hole in 
the domain) with a solid bar mounted behind the circle. You could use a 
similar strategy, with part of the bar being fixed (cut out of the 
domain), i.e. one tip, and the rest being marked as solid.

  Johan