Subject: [Viper-dev] Problems with viper/vtk

From: Marie Rognes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 21:56:52 +0200

Hi,

I am having some issues with viper/vtk these days:

    meg@localhost ~/local/src/fenics/viper/src/demo $ python
    test_standalone.py
    ERROR: In
 
/var/tmp/portage/sci-libs/vtk-5.2.0-r1/work/VTK/Common/vtkDataArrayTemplate.txx,
    line 341
    vtkIdTypeArray (0xc412e0): Unable to allocate 17179876691 elements
    of size 8 bytes.

    Segmentation fault

Any ideas?

(Note that vtk "works" in the sense that mayavi works just fine)

--
Marie

---

From: Johan Hake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 14:33:22 +0200

On Wednesday 01 July 2009 21:56:52 Marie Rognes wrote:
> /var/tmp/portage/sci-libs/vtk-5.2.0-r1/work/VTK/Common/vtkDataArrayTemplate
>.txx, line 341

That demo pass here. I have vtk 5.0 from hardy.

johan